If you have to spend, on average, 54% of your waking hours at work, why not do something meaningful – that you can be proud of? SAS is making a difference in people’s lives all around the world. Our analytics software helps organizations make the kinds of important decisions that drive change each and every day – like how to capture the bad guys, keep kids safe, feed the hungry, and even ensure that people who struggle to learn are not lost.
Support the company by providing legal advice and assistance throughout the company, which may include regional offices and subsidiaries on a worldwide basis. Independently perform a full range of legal services and maintain a diverse and heavy caseload. May focus on intellectual property, computer law, corporate law, employment law, immigration law, international law, trade law, advertising law, tax law, contract management, regulatory compliance and reporting.
- Manage legal business matters pertaining to the company, regional offices and subsidiaries as assigned.
- Provide a variety of general corporate and/or commercial legal services to a number of in-house clients in a responsible and ethical manner.
- Conduct legal research. Review and prepare memoranda and other written guidance in order to advise the company on appropriate legal action.
- Prepare and review legal instruments and documents including, but not limited to contracts and government filings.
- May act as an advisor on legal issues involving the company’s government and regulatory compliance.
- May conduct ethics and other employment related investigations.
- Provide legal counsel and oversight for basic to complex legal matters affecting the company.
- May lead contractual negotiations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Works on legal issues of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors
- Ability to perform the duties of the job with general instructions on routine work and detailed instructions on new projects or assignments
- Exercises excellent judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
- Good knowledge of SAS’ approved legal positions and ability to apply those positions to solve problems and issues
- May assist in preparation of documents for government regulatory filings or responses to government or internal investigations or litigation.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
- A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways.
- One to three years of post-call experience focused on corporate, commercial, or technology law.
- JD or LLB degree from an accredited Canadian law school. Licensed to practice law by being admitted to and a member in good standing of at least one provincial bar association.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in Canada.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education requirement stated above.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn