The SAS Global Sales Academy is an 18 week sales training program that prepares participants for a career as a SAS Account Executive. The program provides training in SAS' core technology, sales skills and methodology, product sales and positioning, business practices, and equips trainees with the necessary skills to succeed in the field.
Candidates hired for this position will participate in the training program at SAS' global headquarters in Cary, NC (USA) beginning January 2018.
Upon completion of the sales training program, you will work as an Associate Account Executive in SAS Australia and responsible for identifying customer’s business needs and articulating how SAS’ solutions can address those needs to prospective and current accounts.
As an Associate Account Executive, you will:
- Create and uncover sales opportunities in both new and existing customer accounts through well-planned demand generation efforts, including cold calling and other prospecting techniques to generate customer interest and provide a targeted value proposition.
- Research marketing goals and objectives, SAS applications, supported hardware platforms, marketing and business trends, and industry knowledge to assess account needs and develop sales opportunities.
- Implement aspects of territory and account management and development including qualifying, forecasting, and pipeline management of sales opportunities within your account/territory.
- Close software sales and achieving assigned software revenue targets.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university, preferably in Sales, Business, Management Information Systems, Marketing, or related field of study.
- Internship experience or academic projects in sales, marketing, or information systems.
- Candidates must be willing to relocate to the United States for 18 weeks of training and return home after successful completion of the program. Ability to travel as business needs dictate.
- Excellent communication, analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work and learn independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to understand customer pain points and recommend SAS products/solutions that address those areas.
- Ability to discuss key industry issues at multiple levels within an organization.
- Skilled in presenting and demonstrating.
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 or equivalent
- Entry level knowledge of sales techniques.
- Public speaking experience such as presenting papers.
- This is an entry-level position.
- Please submit your transcript with your application.
- Candidates must be willing and able to work in the United States for training for 5 months.
- To qualify, applicants must have graduated from their degree within the last 2 years, must be either a local citizen or permanent resident, and have a valid passport.
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn