Skill and Experience Requirements
The Engagement Manager works closely with the Consulting delivery teams and Software Sales teams to ensure sales of SAS Professional Services to SAS Clients by:
- Engaging in the development and implementation of strategic sales and marketing activities, involving clients and/or business partner organizations, designed to drive incremental sales of Professional Services including Consulting, Implementations, Hosting and Remote Managed Services.
- Serves as a key liaison between Professional Services and Sales, Marketing, and Alliances in supporting the development and maintenance of key customer accounts, sales and support opportunities, consulting and sales operations, and/or business partner relationships.
- Provides direct Professional Services sales support through sales calls, sales tool development, and coaching in the sales force on services-focused account strategies.
- Developing, promoting, and implementing the usage of best practices for efficient technology and solutions deployment
- Participates with services management to identify and establish objectives, assignments, and goals in accordance with regional or national strategic plans for selling Professional Services.
- Develops sales strategies for assigned accounts to include the following: identifying customer business pains, establishing value propositions, and articulating a solution capability at the C-level. This sales strategy will address what to sell and how to sell in collaboration with the solutions-based selling approach with the Sales and Marketing teams.
- Develops PSAs and SOWs based on scope, estimates and pricing.
- Reach yearly revenue quota set out for territory/assigned accounts in Professional Services signed contracts.
- Keeps abreast of Professional Services business development practices and competitor activity/strategies in the market.
- Creates demand generation and customer or business partner relationship management programs from content design through implementation and results tracking to ensure that objectives are met.
- Prepares and delivers presentations to customers and/or business partners at the highest levels of management. Performs Strategic Value Assessments (SVAs) to demonstrate value of a solution to a client.
- Serves as a resource for Sales and Marketing account teams for Professional Services business development. Acts as a key liaison between Professional Services, Sales, Marketing, and Alliances teams.
- Works closely with Regional Consulting Directors/Managers and Education Director/Manager to identify and prioritize business development opportunities, obtain subject matter consulting resources for sales support (qualification, scoping, estimating), works with Practice Leaders to price opportunities, and finalizes consulting contracts.
- Conducts extensive follow-up with customers and/or business partners to track and uncover additional business opportunities, and drive existing engagements to reference status.
- Keeps abreast of new company product development and marketing strategies; relates technical concepts to SAS software applications and user needs.
- May be required to travel as required to support regional business development. This includes support for their own region, as well as other regions with more limited capacity and expertise.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Ten years of experience in consulting, sales, marketing, client care, business partner relationship development, and/or technical functions within the technology industry (including related products and services).
- A degree preferably in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, MIS or other relevant discipline.
- Directly related experience or a combination of directly related education and experience may be considered in place of the above requirements.
- Experience selling into the financial services sector is an asset.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Public speaking experience.
- Ability to travel.