SAS is the global leader in analytics, with more than 40 years of industry leading innovation and award winning culture. Our employees are the heart of our business. With your help, we’ll continue to evolve and lead the way into the next frontier of analytics.
By joining the SAS Technical Support team, you will be engaging with customers post implementation and supporting SAS technologies within their environment. Most interaction will be remote but occasionally some onsite visits will be required. The SAS Technical Support team is a global team with a follow the sun model. In supporting SAS technologies, you will be enabling he customer to get the best results from the solutions they are using.
Manages Technical Support staffs who assist internal and external customers who are using, administering, or configuring SAS software applications or solutions. Participates in Technical Support planning and policy decisions.
- Oversees the technical support routinely provided to multiple categories of customers. Ensures the quality of technical support provided, and takes steps to improve it.
- Monitors the tracking system to ensure adequate responses are given in areas of responsibility within appropriate time frame.Balances priorities against product direction and maturity as well as software release and implementation delivery demands; adjusts staff responsibilities and workloads as necessary.
- Proactively sets and manages expectations, including escalation activities and service level commitments, for both internal and external customers. Works with customers, staff, and other divisions to resolve problems and escalations in a timely manner. Responsible for business management and development of enhanced support services.
- Continually builds and applies knowledge of SAS language and procedures, programming skills, and other vendors’ products to assist staff.
- Strategizes with technical support staff in their role in the software product life cycle to improve the quality and design of future software releases and influence product direction based on software knowledge, vendor comparisons, and customer feedback. Acts as an advocate for the customer.
- Provides technical assistance and direction to staff. Promotes professional development among staff. Ensures staff members build additional skills by learning emerging SAS technologies. Conducts performance appraisals and provides ongoing performance feedback to direct reports.
- Interacts with and provides assistance to international technical support staff and management counterparts in other departments/teams/divisions.
- Represents the company at customer sites, local customer forums, Global Forum, trade shows, and user group meetings.
- Suggests, manages, and implements special projects to assist Technical Support, users, or other departments/teams/divisions.
- Works with management to develop, prioritize, and assign objectives and responsibilities to individual resources.
- Mentors, trains, and manages the daily activities of a Technical Support team.
- Keeps current on issues and trends in the industry.
To be successful in this role, you will have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline. Some positions might require a Master’s degree in a specified field.
- Five years of experience in support, sales, marketing, consulting, or software research and development. Two years of experience in a leadership role.
- Knowledge of Technical Support Division procedures and tools
- Work experience with HTTP, HTML, XML, and TCP/IP.
- Work experience with architecture and deployment of Java web applications.
- Knowledge of at least one of the following: Oracle WebLogic Server, IBM WebSphere Application Server, JBoss Application Server, Apache Tomcat.
- Specific knowledge of one or more database systems including Oracle, DB2, Postgres, SQL Server, and/or Teradata.
- Linux/Unix and Windows skills.
- Experience working with SAS solutions would be a plus.
- Ability to diagnose a broad range of problems.
- Ability to lead, manage and communicate goals to technical employees.
- Ability to develop creative solutions to complex technical problems.
- Strong decision-making ability.
- Strong customer service orientation/skills.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work with individuals of varied technical backgrounds.
- Ability to lead projects and adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to handle deadlines in a multiple- task environment; ability to evaluate the accuracy, completeness, and impact on the user community of documentation and new software features.
- Exhibits managerial leadership skills.
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn