Possesses a strong background in the Information Management (IM) discipline, with focus on Big Data, Data Analytics, Master Data Management and Data Governance. Assists sales teams with IM solution sales activities to ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction and maximize revenue opportunities.
Provides technical assistance for software pre-sale activities. Collaborates with account team to identify opportunities, articulate business and technical value, prepares and presents software demonstrations.
- Conducts proof of concepts / proof of values in selected customer use case domains related to IM
- Delivers standard, customized and/or strategic presentations outlining the proposed software functional capabilities, competitive advantages and business benefits.
- Builds a trusted relationship with the Account Executive and account stakeholders.
- Provides practical guidance in the functional and technical aspects of proposed software and set proper expectations to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Delivers technical architecture related information, leads technical discovery sessions, responds to architecture and infrastructure questions when necessary.
- Maintains and develops relevant knowledge levels of technical and industry trends in order to identify impacts and opportunities created by these trends.
- Supports partner development & enablement, as well as partnered sales opportunities.
- Assists in the response to RFI/RFP’s utilizing the RFP Repository and crafting thorough and compelling answers with a focus on business value.
- Conducts discovery meetings to collect, clarify and document technical and business requirements during the sales cycle.
- Provides demonstration and business development support at vendor-sponsored events, trade shows, and user group meetings.
- Develops familiarity with company sales initiatives, product positioning, pricing, proposals, and models.
- Strategizes with sales team on objectives of customer meetings, understand how this activity relates to overall sales plan and provides functional leadership for sales opportunities.
- Participates in product, solution and/or technical training to acquire and maintain detailed level of product knowledge of core components of SAS offerings.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Applies advanced knowledge of SAS products, technologies and solutions in sales opportunities.
- Provides timely follow up and communications to account team.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of company sales initiatives, product positioning, pricing, proposals, and models with a focus on the Information Management solutions.
- Maintains in-depth competitive knowledge.
- Effectively works as part of team for complex sales involving multiple skill sets.
- Show leadership in the Information Management area.
- Assists in training of staff.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- In-depth knowledge of the SAS Information Management solutions.
- Experience in SAS or similar IM / business analytics technologies is a plus.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills,
- Fluent in English, Dutch and French, in both oral and written communication.
- Programming proficiency as required for prototype development and product demonstrations.
- Ability to relate technical concepts to SAS applications and user needs.
- Ability to work and learn independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to travel especially through the France, Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg region.
Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Computer Science, or other quantitative field related to area of assignment.
Typically requires five years of experience in technical sales, consulting, or a related area of expertise including three years of programming in a high-level language or developing SAS applications. Public speaking experience required.