Technical Support Engineer - BI Platform Support
As a Technical Support Engineer based in the AP region, you will work with customers, internal consultants, developers, and product managers to help our customers achieve their business goals using SAS Visual Analytics software and SAS Mobile BI, SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Add-in for Microsoft Office, mainly on usage issues.
You will also provide customer support for some or all of the following areas:
- Usage of SAS Business Intelligence software (SAS Web Report Studio, SAS BI Dashboard, SAS Information Delivery Portal, and other BI client products, as needed)
- Web-based, desktop, and mobile clients.
Your regular duties will include:
- Providing technical support to global customers, using Phone, Email, WebEx and other tools as needed to understand what business objectives the customer is trying to achieve.
- Interpreting documentation and explaining error messages, suggesting the appropriate SAS procedure, language feature, product and/or solution, or the supporting systems software or infrastructure feature for the particular type of functionality that is requested, and providing limited guidance and references to help interpret the output that is produced by tools, products and/or solutions.
- Routinely utilizing knowledge of SAS platform architectures and knowledge of complex interactions between multiple SAS system components and third-party products to recommend best practices, trouble-shoot, diagnose and resolve software problems. Potentially replicating customer environments in order to reproduce and debug problems.
- Working with global Technical Support teams and R&D to:
- Investigate reported issues and determine strategies for responding to the customer.
- Enter defects for verified software problems.
- Coordinate with internal teams to make fixes available to the customer.
- Keep SAS R&D abreast of reliability and maintenance topics
- Provide input on software design based on customer feedback, domain and software knowledge.
- Contribute as a stakeholder in activities related to the product lifecycle, feature/defect submission, and evaluating proposed changes in hot fixes, maintenance, and new releases.
- Providing both formal and informal training to Technical Support staff.
- Keeping abreast of new products and technologies.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
OFFICE LOCATION: This position will be located in a SAS office of the Asia Pacific region. That includes China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Korea, Japan, Australia, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore and Thailand.
- Experience with SAS Visual Analytics, SAS Enterprise Guide, SAS Add-in for Microsoft Office.
- Experience with Android, iOS and iPad/iPhone.
- Knowledge of at least three of the following browsers Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge.
- Working knowledge of multiple operating systems, especially UNIX and Windows.
- Excellent ability to resolve user questions through a combination of methodologies, independent study, investigative programming, and collaborative efforts with team members.
- Very good written and spoken English.
- Familiarity with a broad range of SAS products.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Ability to work with people of varied technical backgrounds and cultures.
- Ability to handle deadlines in a multitasking environment.
- Knowledge of Technical Support methodologies.
- Ability to travel on an infrequent basis.
- Familiarity with Viya concepts.
- Experience with at least two products of the SAS BI Client product offering, such as, SAS Web Report Studio, SAS BI Dashboard, or SAS Information Delivery Portal.
- Knowledge of the following web application servers: Apache HTTP Server and Apache Tomcat.
- Familiarity with BEA WebLogic Server, IBM WebSphere Application Server, JBoss Application Server.
- Understanding of a broad range of SAS products and technologies including Visual Analytics, SAS Grid, Foundation Services, BI Services, Foundation Servers (including Metadata Server), LASR server.
- Familiarity with Apache Hadoop.
- Familiarity with advanced web technologies including portlets, web authentication, DAV, SSL, web services, SOA, and SOAP.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant’s education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. Please explain your motivation for seeking this opportunity.
Please submit Resume or CV in English.
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn