Responsible for aligning the strategic marketing plans around a key initiative, product line, business unit and/or beacon account to SAS’s overall sales and marketing strategy. Develops and executes integrated campaigns associated with generating leads and building awareness, and may be involved in increasing renewal revenue at each stage of the customer journey. Works with a team to develop a comprehensive go-to-market (GTM) plan that includes a variety of content, events, email, social media and innovative campaign approaches.
- Leads or delivers marketing efforts designed to accelerate revenue, increase renewals or build awareness through an integrated go-to-market plan aligned to the initiative, product line, business unit and/or target account.
- Develops integrated marketing campaigns which are comprised of lead generation, lead acceleration, awareness, and retention elements strategically planned around the stages of the customer journey. Designs and executes the strategy, and communicates the effort accordingly with all levels from constituents to executives.
- Facilitates meetings and discussions with an extended team of channel specialists, content marketers, subject matter experts and other constituents to define the appropriate marketing channels and strategies associated with the goals of the go-to-market plan. May solicit input and feedback through direct interaction with Customers or Partners for a greater customer focus.
- Liaise with multiple organizations across SAS, including the product line, business unit, and other countries or regions to represent the go-to-market plan and gather feedback to drive the planning process.
- Measures and reacts to success metrics, performs actionable analysis and makes data driven decisions to improve outcomes and ROI.
- May leverage, enhance and (where applicable) adapt corporate marketing initiatives to be regionally messaged and relevant in order to ensure the right message is delivered to the target audience at the regional level.
- May proactively contribute to global peer groups including sharing best practices and working cross-functionally to accomplish continuous improvement and increased sharing and learning, with the goal of establishing consistency across the globe.
- Develops marketing plans from the ground up. Brings campaign elements and channels together for a cohesive go-to-market plan
- Demonstrates expert level marketing knowledge to assist business leaders
- Draws from extensive marketing and business experiences in developing recommended course of action
- Advises and trains new staff members on process applications and related functions as needed
- Manages moderately complex projects and/or contributes as a team member on assigned projects
- Provides leadership when implementing marketing initiatives
- Leads and drives plans to resolve complex business problems
- Proactively shares best practices across regions for continuous learning globally
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong Business Acumen, able to grasp business requirement and key drivers.
- Sound knowledge of marketing concepts including content, digital, social and email strategies and business-to-business acumen
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate with all audiences including senior leadership and executive
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and creative problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently or to lead and guide a cross-functional team
- Good organizational, project management, and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated understanding of marketing communication concepts and expert proficiency in key internal and external software applications
- Ability to understand and translate complex technical information to internal and external audiences
- Solid analytical abilities and data-driven decision making
Required skills and abilities
- Must have a minimum of 8 years of experience in marketing, relationship development, or sales within business-to-business or the technology industry.
- Minimum regional experience for 3 years, able to work in a matrix environment.
- Have an entrepreneurial attitude, agile mindset, able to create and grow markets
- Advanced skills on data-driven decision making and analytical abilities
- Knowledge of Industry sector and/or SAS solutions is an asset
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, or related discipline.
- A team player but also likes to take ownership and can work autonomously
- Planning, organizing and prioritizing skills
- Analytical and problem solving mind
- Excellent communication skills with people at all levels
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn