About our Company:
SAS is the leader in analytics. Through innovative analytics, business intelligence and data management software and services. SAS helps customers at more than 75,000 sites make better decisions faster. Since 1976, SAS has been giving customers around the world THE POWER TO KNOW.
About the role:
We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer to provide support for enterprise-class SAS business software applications and/or solutions by applying specialized domain knowledge of software usage, features, functions, and interactions among applications and/or solution components.
Location: Athens, Greece.
Duration: 1-year fixed term contract with the possibility of extension.
- Providing technical support to customers by taking telephone calls on all product areas, providing information on documented problems, and resolving customer issues in primary support areas via telephone and email
- Routinely delivering support and troubleshooting to multiple categories of domestic and international customers including software licensees, consulting groups including Alliance partners, system engineers/architects, and enterprise hosting
- Interpreting documentation and explaining error messages to audiences with varied backgrounds and suggesting the appropriate SAS procedure, language feature, product and/or solution, or the supporting systems software or infrastructure feature for the functionality that is requested
- Accurately documenting and specifying information in the tracking system during the entire track life cycle
- Managing internal and external project pressures including coordinating/managing problem escalation activities, communications, and customer expectations.
- Engaging in the customer lifecycle including pre-sales activities, proof-of-concept, architecture and system design, implementation, hand-off, production support, and maintenance
Experience and skills.
- Some knowledge of SAS products and their applications or specialized products related to the assigned area
- Shows increasing ability to debug complex problems and report issues/defects to Development
- Is proficient in OS knowledge (Windows Server, Linux) and network and client server infrastructure
- Any other programming language is an advantage
- Fluent in Greek and English
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn