With over 40 years of innovation in analytics, big data and more recently in cloud solutions, SAS is the Global leader for in analytics. It is our employees who continue to push the boundaries and with your help, we will continue to change and expand the world of analytics. #LI-CC1
By joining the SAS Regional Pre-Sales team, you will be on the front line with our customers, understanding their problems, getting your hands on their data, creating proof of concepts, responding to RFPs and tenders and showcasing how SAS Solutions can help a customer to achieve solutions to their problems and create better business outcomes.
Directly manages a staff that may consist of a combination of Principal/Senior Presales Consultants, Solutions Architects, and Technical Architects who are responsible for providing technical consultation on SAS key focus area (Risk, Fraud, IoT), and assisting in implementing identified sales initiatives. Responsible for creating and maintaining sales support best practices to drive new sales revenues.
- Directly manages day to day activities of staff and sales support activities.
- Aligns focus area strategies by country for each domain and synchronize support activities regionally including working with SAS consulting and regional practices to simplify go-to-market offerings
- Determines optimal utilization of staff and resources to achieve sales goals.
- Responsible for delivery of high-level business solution messages to customers in sales engagements.
- Provides overall leadership on initiatives and projects; coordinates with other business units.
- Ensures adherence to policy in all sales plans and strategies.
- Assist and identify key accounts and determine strategies to maximize revenue.
- Makes decisions for team in support of regional goals and objectives; referring to upper management on major issues.
- Analyzes cost of technical sales support.
- Supports and reinforces best practices, with heavy emphasis on sales methodologies.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining sales support best practices with emphasis on proven methodologies to drive new sales revenue.
- Oversees regional/sector pre- and post-sales technical direction.
- Establishes audience with executive level contacts.
To be successful in this role, you will have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Computer Science, or quantitative field.
- Typically requires twelve years of experience in technical sales, marketing, or support. Five years of experience selling, consulting, or writing applications for a key focus areas (Risk, Fraud, IoT). Eight years in a leadership role with four years in a formal management role.
- Demonstrated management skills in a sales organization;
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication, organizational, leadership, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to develop clear business direction;
- Ability to delegate and hold solution experts accountable for delivering their results;
- Ability to lead and motivate an ASEAN team, develop creative solutions to complex problems;
- Ability to work and learn independently;
- Demonstrated ability to interact productively with all levels of staff.
- Ability to travel up to 50% domestically and internationally (ASEAN/AP).
- Knowledge of sales methodologies and practices.
- Works on issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives. Implements strategic policies which align to cross functional objectives.
- Regularly interacts with senior management or executive levels on matters concerning several functional areas, divisions, and/or customers. Requires the ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance from, others in sensitive situations, without damage to the relationship.
- Establishes operational objectives and work plans, and delegate assignments to subordinate managers. Senior management reviews objectives to determine success of operation. Involved in developing, modifying and executing company policies that affect immediate operations and may also have company-wide effect.
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn