If you have to spend, on average, 54% of your waking hours at work, why not do something meaningful – that you can be proud of? SAS is making a difference in people’s lives all around the world. Our analytics software helps organizations make the kinds of important decisions that drive change each and every day – like how to capture the bad guys, keep kids safe, feed the hungry, and even ensure that people who struggle to learn are not lost.
We are actively recruiting for a dynamic Human Resources leader for Canada and Latin America (CALA). As an active member of both the Regional HR team as well as the local market’s management team, the Head of HR will contribute to the overall companies initiatives and strategies by analyzing business needs from the HR perspective, make decisions and recommendations in partnership with the market’s management team, develop and/or promote HR initiatives to further the strategic goals of the business.
This position will require operationalizing HR strategies by establishing market best practices, structure and organizational discipline throughout CALA. Lead and/or liaise closely with other SAS functions (e.g., HR Business Partners, Talent Acquisition, Communications, Leadership & Development and Executive Leadership). Provide thoughtful consultation and directions to business leaders while balancing business objectives and corporate initiatives.
- Assists in the development and execution of the CALA strategy.
- Manage organizational risk in application and implementation of all policies and practices across the market
- Ability to think globally, strategically, and objectively.
- Effectively translates data into actionable insights, strategies and financial plans.
- Implement corporate policy and process changes at the regional level.
- Develop strategies and tactics to address under-performing employees consistent within the region and the organization.
- Identify themes and trends in HR/functional areas as evidenced by observations and conversations across the market.
- Building Talent and Staffing plans that are generated from the overall region’s business plan to ensure people & talent needs are met at all levels.
- Develop skills of direct reports through formal and informal training opportunities and “stretch” goals.
- Drive quality HR service and support at all levels.
- Goal oriented and possesses the ability to prioritize on a consistent basis in an ever-changing environment.
Provide Consultative Services and Develop Strategic Solutions
- Build invaluable leadership alliances with management and employees and maintain a consultative role within the organization as subject matter experts and business partners.
- Maximize internal resources, build relationships with and utilize network of HR and business peers (internal and external).
- Provide counsel and support on application of Human Resource policy, practice and procedures.
- Analyze business trends and identify, develop and execute creative solutions.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- BA/BS in Human Resources, Finance, comparable degree, or equivalent experience.
- 12-15 years of progressively responsible experience in a global HR leadership roles.
- Proven end to end HR leadership experience including strong expertise in one or more functional areas (e.g., Employee Relations, Employment Law, Staffing, Compensation, Organizational & Educational Development).
- Industry specific experience in a Technology or Software Company is highly preferred.
- Strong understanding of local labor laws and hiring practices in the various countries.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Human Resource functional delivery.
- Must be able to actively demonstrate strong consultative service skills.
- Previous team management experience required.
- Strong influence, leadership, interpersonal, communication, problem solving, follow-up and creative solution generation skills.
- General business acumen and analytical skills.
- Must be organized, detail oriented, able to work independently and handle multiple priorities simultaneously with strong operations and project management skills
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Experience with using Workday HRIS is highly preferred.
- Ability to travel throughout the Region.
- Business communication skills in another language such as Spanish and/or Portuguese is considered a strong asset.
- Ability to work well within a COE model.
- Experience leading Talent Management processes within a client group, including performance calibration, talent planning and action planning.
- Experience leading change management initiatives within a client group, including communications planning.
- Experience leading L&D initiatives within a client group or across regions.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in Canada.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education requirement stated above.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn