Big Data. Bigger Opportunities.
Some people see data as facts and figures. But it’s more than that. It’s the lifeblood of business. It contains an organisation's history and it’s trying to tell you something. SAS helpscustomers around the world make sense of the message.
As the leader in business analytics software and services, SAS transforms data into insights that give our clients a fresh perspective on their business. They can identify what’s working. Fix what isn’t and discover new opportunities.
At SAS, we set the bar high for our employees and give them a culture that fosters creativity and promotes innovation. This approach springs from CEO Jim Goodnight’s philosophy: “Treat employees like they make a difference and they will.”
SAS is looking to hire a Business Development Manager in Dublin. Your role as Manager is to support a team of Business Developers in our Inside Sales Group. We are looking for an experienced people Manager & leader to support a team of 8/10. Our BD's key responsibilties involve outbound phone marketing and managing campaigns. The Dublin Inside Sales Group manages 16 European markets and as manager you will be responsible for one of these teams.
We are interested in talking to people who fit the profile below:
- Business Developer/Sales Managers with previous experience of managing multi-lingual sales teams with remit across multiple territories, including managing through Manager
- Experienced in dealing with county sales & marketing managers with regards to reporting, setting targets, sales & marketing activities, etc.
- Tenacity, drive & passion
- Self starter, highly motivated individual
- Skill in managing the flow of information between many different people and organisations
- Proactive, target focused
- Strong business acumen, commercially focused
- Ability to impact and influence
- Revenue orientated
- Existing Business Development Managers with proven ability at this level
- Recruit, develop motivate & retain a professional high performing Business Developers
- Coach, mentor and support team to achieve results and hit target
- Collaborate with other teams, including SAS in country, presales, Inside Sales and our customer support
- Support team in their activities of outbound phone marketing and campaign management
- Ensure that the SAS core values and established best practice is adopted within the Sector Team.
- Create, review, maintain and implement a BD plan for each developer that is aligned to the sales plan within each country.
- Ensure team keep all CRM systems accurate & updated regularly
- Develop and maintain the prospect pipeline setting objectives
- Deliver accurate monthly forecasting
- Monitor and report to the Sales Director on activity
- Work closely to support your team, achieve success & develop career progression
- Promote coaching culture
- Provide learning opportunities
- Encourage training and development
- Provide feedback, coaching, support and advice, particularly in the supported sales methodologies i.e. Solution Selling/ Value Creation
- Manage performance through appropriate reviews
- Monitor and manage activity levels
- Ensure that new staff can become productive rapidly
- Motivation - Establish & support motivational needs of individuals
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, or quantitative field
- 4-5 years People Management experience in a Business Development/Sales environment, with team size of 8 or similar.
- Experience in technical sales, marketing, data processing and technology. Background in analytics preferred
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn