Big Data. Bigger Opportunities.
Some people see data as facts and figures. But it’s more than that. It’s the lifeblood of business. It contains an organisation's history and it’s trying to tell you something. SAS helps customers around the world make sense of the message.
As the leader in business analytics software and services, SAS transforms data into insights that give our clients a fresh perspective on their business. They can identify what’s working. Fix what isn’t and discover new opportunities.
At SAS, we set the bar high for our employees and give them a culture that fosters creativity and promotes innovation. This approach springs from CEO Jim Goodnight’s philosophy: “Treat employees like they make a difference and they will.”
SAS is looking to hire an Inside Sales Manager in Dublin. We are looking for a an experienced people leader to support a team of 8/10 Inside Sales & Marketing professionals selling into specific verticals within EMEA & supporting sales teams within each country. We are looking for a talented individual with proven ability to manage a top performing sales team & fluency in an EU language in addition to English.
We are interested in talking to people who fit the profile below:
- Sales Managers with previous experience of managing multi-lingual sales teams with remit across multiple territories, including managing through Manager
- Fluency in a European language in addition to English. (This is an essential requirement)
- Experienced in dealing with county sales & marketing managers with regards to reporting, setting targets, sales & marketing activities, etc.
- Tenacity, drive & passion
- Proactive, target focused
- Strong business acumen, commercially focused
- Ability to impact and influence
- Revenue orientated
- Recruit, develop motivate & retain a professional high performing sales team
- Achieve defined sales team financial objectives relating to Total Software Revenue (TSR) and lead generation pipeline, services revenue and margin, overall profitability and ‘good businesses as defined in the Corporate Plan.
- Achieve defined objectives within sales & other aspects of business
- Ensure that SAS core values is adopted within team
- Create, review, maintain and implement an integrated territory plan for each sales person that is aligned to the sales plan within each country.
- Ensure team keep all sales systems accurate & updated regularly
- Ensure that all sales staff within the Sales Team are able to achieve the highest professional standards in the following key aspects of the sales cycle; planning, prospecting, need development and vision processing, qualification, control, closing, negotiating, reference development.
- In conjunction with Country Sales and Marketing Managers, supplement central SAS marketing activities with targeted marketing programmes which help to build pipeline and ensure consistent messaging and awareness of the key SAS Industry solutions.
- Develop and maintain the Sector pipeline above agreed minimum by setting standards and overseeing lead generation and prospecting.
- Deliver accurate monthly sales forecasting
- Monitor and report monthly to the Sales Director on Sector and individual sales pipeline in accordance with adopted Solution Selling practices.
- Provide learning opportunities
- Encourage training and development
- Provide coaching & support, particularly in the areas of sales methodologies i.e. Solution Selling/ Value Creation
- Manage performance through appropriate reviews
- Monitor and manage activity levels
- Ensure that new staff can become productive rapidly
- Motivation - Establish & support motivational needs of individuals
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, or quantitative field
- 4-5 years People Management experience in a sales environment, with team size of 8 or similar.
- Experience in technical sales, marketing, data processing and technology. Background in analytics preferred.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn