Senior Compensation and Benefits Analyst, EMEA
SAS is looking for a highly skilled Senior Compensation and Benefits (C&B) Analyst to join our global C&B team. Reporting to the EMEA Head of Rewards, you will serve as a subject matter expert in the area of C&B for SAS’ EMEA region.
As a member of the Global Rewards team, you will be heavily involved in the execution and management of existing and new C&B policies and programs, ensuring consistency with the company’s Total Rewards strategy and alignment with company goals and objectives. You will develop and maintain strong relationships with business leadership teams and key internal stakeholders such as HR Business Partners (HRBP), Talent Acquisition (TA), Organizational Effectiveness & Development (OE&D), HR People Systems, Finance, Tax and Legal.
- Manage the coordination of SAS’ annual salary and bonus process, including performance-based salary increases and incentive compensation.
- Create and manage accurate salary classification and compensation programs.
- Provide support and guidance to HR Business Partners and managers on compensation issues, including proposed salary increases, to ensure fair and equitable application of compensation policies and guidelines.
- Monitor existing compensation policies, guidelines, and procedures and recommend changes that are cost effective and consistent with compensation trends and company objectives.
- Conduct job benchmarking and market analysis evaluations to determine appropriate salary grades and job levels.
- Collaborate with HR Business Partners and the Talent Acquisition team regarding compensation-related decisions (compensation-related business problems, job offers to external candidates, internal transfers, promotions, etc.) to ensure adherence with appropriate compensation policies and guidelines.
- Serve as subject matter expert in the preparation and maintenance of accurate, up-to-date job descriptions.
- Partner with HRIS team to ensure salary and incentive data is accurately reflected.
- Conduct ad-hoc market analysis to ensure that positions are leveled correctly.
- Prepare input materials for compensation surveys, download reports from survey vendors, and conduct appropriate analyses on the data.
- Participate and contribute on wider people based projects in relation to pay, reward, recognition and/or compensation.
- Drive standardization on calendarized activities and processes
- Train, develop and share knowledge with peers across the HR and other functions as required regarding relevant reward, benefit and compensation practices.
- Conduct market analysis reviews to support the design, development and implementation of local and regional programs including health, wellness, retirement, time off and other perquisite programs.
- Analyze current programs and policies to identify gaps or trends in benefits and develop recommendations based on findings.
- Manage wellness and other initiatives for the EMEA region.
- Manage global insurance programs, including multinational pooling.
- Provide oversight for financial and compliance for global and local retirement / pension plans.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key internal stakeholders, including managers, corporate HR, local HRD, HRBP’s and other local HR and functional teams, senior business leaders, C&B centers of excellence, and external vendors.
- Provide end-to-end project management input as required for initiatives with organization-wide impact.
- Review existing and proposed statutory requirements governing C&B and provide recommendations to ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Provide international C&B input and consulting in designing and developing regional and local employee benefit programs, which align to SAS’ Total Rewards program.
- Partner in the development, implementation, and maintenance of C&B programs including: vendor management/selection, competitive analysis, trend monitoring, internal impact analysis, cost projections.
- Develop and deliver comprehensive communication strategies for global C&B programs, policies and procedures.
- Provide proactive support and counsel to human resources regarding C&B issues.
- Ensure company compliance with laws governing C&B programs and practices.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to apply those skills to align with the critical priorities of the business. Must be able to think beyond financial and economic drivers in order to help create a C&B strategy (programs/policies) that will attract, retain, and motivate key talent.
- Results-driven professional with sound business acumen, consulting skills, and the ability to quickly assess situations, identify gaps and possible solutions; demonstrated track record of contributing to the development and execution of strategies that drive business success.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills, with the ability to navigate across business units in a large organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to present and discuss complex information to a diverse audience in a way that persuades others and enhances understanding.
- Strong ability to partner, build, and sustain positive working relationships with different internal and external groups and stakeholders.
- Sound knowledge of compensation administration practices, job evaluation techniques, salary surveys, related regulations and data interpretation.
- Sound working knowledge of C&B regulations, market trends, and C&B program design.
- Highly proficient in MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
Bachelor's degree, preferably in Human Resources, or Business Administration or an equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience
- Minimum of 6 years of progressive, combined C&B experience in a multi-country or global environment with multi-national employers.
- Experience in benefits ideally with multinational pooling, global governance, benchmarking, renewals and financials experience
- Strong working knowledge of HR systems (i.e. Workday)
- External consulting experience a plus
- Experience advising and consulting on Works Council issues
Occasional travel based on the needs of the EMEA and/ or Global leads for this function.
Please contact Sarah Newman at firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online