The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in working with customers to understand their needs, conveying and relating industry trends and SAS capabilities. Customer engagement includes business challenges and requirements and providing technical and business domain expertise and solution design to the sales team in support of closing business opportunities.
This role will help drive definition, development and application of SAS Business solutions and underlying analytics, business rules/alerts and other methods that enable our solutions to address identified business opportunities, across fraud, financial crimes, security (including cyber), and compliance, waste, abuse and error challenges. SAS solution portfolio can be targeted at a variety of industries including primary focus on financial services (banking, insurance, etc) and government, with secondary focus in other industries such as communications, energy and resources and beyond. #LI-CC1
The core objectives of the role are:
- Works with sales staff to outline available products and leverage sales opportunities
- Works with Regional and Country leadership to define country specific go-to-market approach. Aligns that approach across required support functions
- Understands customer business needs, identifies appropriate applications, tools, and solutions for targeted accounts
- Helps identify market and industry trends, as well as SAS successes across the globe, in proactively working with Sales and marketing to identify target opportunity areas for SAS solutions, including specific industries and accounts.
- Plans and implements, in conjunction with Account Executive, customer retention and post-sale strategies to ensure account satisfaction.
- Provides support for demand generation activities, including vendor-sponsored events, trade shows, and user group meetings
- Prepares prototype solutions and presentations based on opportunity analysis.
- Develops familiarity with company sales initiatives, product positioning, pricing, proposals, and models.
- Work alongside major accounts as a trusted advisor to promote the SAS vision in support of addressing a client’s business opportunity or challenge.
- Assist in both in-country opportunities as well as those across Southeast Asia region.
EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
- 7-10 years’ experience in Fraud/IT – industry / consulting / vendor background.
- Technical expertise in SAS preferred.
- Broad understanding of Financial Crimes and Compliance as a discipline, with in-depth expertise in either Financial Services or Government Fraud, Waste, and Abuse issues - solid understanding of ASEAN markets and business drivers.
- Ability to consult with customers – strong written and verbal communication - ability to engage to consult with Finance/Compliance/IT stakeholders.
- Strategic, analytical and innovative thinker.
- Team-player with a pragmatic and collaborative approach.
- Ability to support sales and broader team across an opportunity lifecycle – from demand generation to customer engagement, to RFx response and beyond. Experience with at least one or more of Fraud, Financial Crimes, Security (including Cyber), Social Networking, Social Media, Risk, or related Analytics Solutions.
- Strong aptitude and attitude to learn and contribute as part of a team as well as independently.
- Ability to speak confidently in certain solution areas within a business application context
- Customer Engagement and/or consulting background a plus.
- Ability to develop accurate scoping and project plans for proof of concepts.
- Ability and technical knowledge to work on-site in delivering proof of concepts and/or implementation projects.
- High-level customer relationship skills with the ability to build and maintain strong business ties.
- Be able to travel within ASEAN.
- Optional accreditations like ACFE, ACAMS, or others.