SAS Risk solutions are designed to help senior risk executives and heads of risk departments to:
- Improve financial performance by reducing losses, improving capital management and building a risk-aware culture throughout the organization
- Transcend operational silos with an enterprise-wide, fully integrated risk modeling framework that consolidates risk information and provides an accurate, unified view of risk exposures, and delivers critical information to those who need it when they need it
- Reduce time and cost of compliance by establishing processes to ensure data consistency and integrity, and demonstrating system accuracy and control to regulators with documented audit trails, process transparency and complete traceability.
Our Risk solutions cover the following areas:
- Credit scoring & internal rating
- Regulatory risk management
- Stress testing, IFRS
- Risk measurement, including market, counterparty credit & operational risk
- Governance, risk & compliance
- Capital planning & stress testing
- Data management, reporting & dashboarding.
Risk is a key strategic focus area for SAS globally. SAS is recognised as one of the world’s leading employers, and the quality of its solutions. This role represents an exciting opportunity for a talented risk management & technology professional to join a highly regarded and growing business.
The role provides technical expertise to support software post-sale activities utilizing knowledge of industry or industry segment processes and challenges.
He/she will focus on SAS risk solution set covering credit modelling (credit scoring & internal rating), regulatory credit risk (Basel, IFRS) and stress testing.
- Work alongside major accounts as a trusted advisor to promote the SAS vision in support of addressing a client’s business opportunity or challenge.
- Is the recognised technical expert in designated SAS risk solutions in the region. Provide technical support, mentoring and training to Risk consultants in the region.
- May assist across sales, delivery and solution expansion/development cycle. As appropriate, this may include assisting in delivery of Proof of concepts, proof of values, pilots or solution implementations
- Collaborate on new developments with peers in other regions, and global Product Management.
- Contribute to delivery engagements, and develop supporting collateral for the in-country teams across the region.
- Consult with customers to understand needs, and identify appropriate SAS solutions and value proposition. Prepare prototype solutions and presentations.
- Work with client and other SAS team members as appropriate to identify client business objectives, and how they can be realised using the SAS solutions – whether from native capability, or bespoke development
- Work with other SAS team members to apply previously developed IP, rules, models, and methods appropriately to meet business objectives. In addition, aid in harnessing IP, rules, models and methods from specific implementations as reusable components in a broader solution library.
EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
- 15+ years’ experience in Risk/Technology with a vendor, consulting or industry background
- Expertise in credit risk, and a broad understanding of Risk Management as a discipline. Understands business and value drivers in target markets and customer segments
- Hands-on experience in solution configuration and/or development. Technical expertise in SAS desirable
- Ability to consult with customers – strong written and verbal communication - ability to engage internal and external stakeholders including Risk, Finance and IT functions
- Strategic, analytical and innovative thinker
- Team-player with a pragmatic commercial and collaborative approach.
- Fluent in Mandarin and English
Based in Hong Kong/Beijing/Taiwan/Singapore/Malaysia in Asia Pacific, with international travel.
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn