SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn
About the position:
Technical Support Consultant
Reporting to the Technical Support Manager, the successful candidate will be supporting the Technical Support Department, in providing support for enterprise-class of SAS business software applications and/or solutions by applying specialized domain knowledge of software usage, features, functions, and interactions among applications and/or solution components.
Routinely leverages that knowledge to resolve SAS customer issues and influence software direction.
- Provides technical support for customers who are using or troubleshooting enterprise-class multi-tier software applications and/or solutions.
- Proactively communicates carefully and effectively with customers and experts across SAS during the problem resolution process. Accurately documents and specifies information in the tracking system during the entire track life cycle.
- Routinely sets and manages internal and external expectations and project pressures at all levels of technical and business management including coordinating/managing problem escalation activities and communications (outside business hours for business-critical problems as appropriate).
- Routinely builds knowledge of SAS and specialized technical and business domain knowledge. Applies expertise to interpret documentation, to suggest appropriate software features, SAS procedures, products, and/or solutions, and to troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve complex business domain and/or technical problems and business critical issues that involve multiple areas of the SAS system.
- Keeps abreast of other vendors’ products. Advises users how SAS software offerings compete, and/or how to most effectively use SAS in conjunction with the vendors’ products. Contacts vendors to report problems and obtain information.
- Stakeholder in the product lifecycle with other groups/divisions, including Research and Development, to improve the quality and design of future software releases and influence product direction based on knowledge of domain and software knowledge, and customer feedback. Acts as an advocate for the customer.
- Reviews product documentation and education courses for technical accuracy, consistency, and user’s point of view. Collaborates with documentation and education staff on modifications to these deliverables.
- Shares product knowledge by authoring software usage, problem, or sample notes, technical papers, technical presentations, and engaging in the SAS Communities.
- Suggests, manages, and implements special projects to assist Technical Support, users, or other teams. Might undertake initiatives by using appropriate tools and techniques to benefit the business.
- Sphere of Influence: immediate co-workers.
- Responds to high priority tracks with assistance and guidance from others.
- Might author SAS Notes, technical papers, sample programs, etc.
- Might assist in pre-release validation of software including package validation. Reviews documentation and education courses to give a user’s point of view.
Education and Experience
- Computer Engineering Degree, or other related areas.
- General knowledge of SAS products and their applications or specialized products related to the assigned area (preferred)
- Effectively communicate and work across departments within Technical Support to solve a problem
- Can determine software circumventions when fixes are not feasible
- Good team player;
- English Domain (mandatory)
- Problem-solving and self-guided learning skills;
- Customer focus;
- Strong Communication skills;