The Channel Account Manager is responsible for building, maintaining, and managing sound, productive, and profitable relationships with current and prospective channel partners in order to achieve our channel goals.
- In collaboration with partners- SI, prepare business plans reflecting mutual goals and expectations with regular milestone checkpoints to ensure achieving objectives.
- Interact with sales teams, marketing, education, professional services delivery, and SI to drive growth. Often must lead a cooperative effort among stakeholders to identify common interests, develop and execute associated plans.
- Conduct regular pipeline calls with SI and direct sales (as appropriate) to provide accurate weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual forecasts.
- Coordinate interaction between partners and SAS direct sales team to pursue opportunities and manage channel conflict.
- Understand the partner’s business model and prepare business cases to incent additional partner investment.
- Work with partners and partner ownership/executive team to gain strategic alignment with SAS.
- Drive consensus within SAS to build awareness of and appreciation for the channel.
- In collaboration with Regional Alliance team, cascade Global initiatives to build long term project success.
- Analyze partner proposals to determine appropriateness and fit with SAS products and Strategy.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Engineer, Computer Science, or Quantitative field.
- MBA is a plus.
- 8 years of experience in channel sales or channel program management (preferably at a technology solution company).
- Experience recruiting, qualifying, managing and developing partners.
- Good knowledge of solution selling.
- Strong negotiation skills, with the ability to manage channel conflict.
- Proven time management skills. able to lead, balance, and self-manage multiple simultaneous projects and activities.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Public speaking experience.
- Regional/national business perspective.
- Ability to work effectively in teams.
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn