SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn
Partners with field Account Executives to sell complex technical products, solutions and services to prospective and current customers. Provides in-depth industry or product expertise to facilitate closing deals within the assigned territory. Typically carries an overlay quota that is shared with the field sales organization.
- Collaborates with field Account Executives to sell specified software, solutions and/or services to current and prospective customers.
- Initiates and supports lead generation activities. Integrates strategy into overall account plan. Qualifies leads by analyzing business drivers and technical fit.
- Uses expert domain knowledge to fulfill a wide range of requests for information from prospective customers.
- Qualifies opportunities according to established process.
- Develops opportunities by managing and influencing requirements to gain competitive edge. Creates and presents sales proposals and systems solutions to successfully communicate the value of the company’s products and services. Leverages pre-sales engineering resources as appropriate.
- May prepare standard quotes and proposal information as needed. Communicates with other departments to create and finalize contracts and set time schedules for services.
- Facilitates closure of complex sales. Assists with pricing negotiations and licensing questions.
- Post-close, transitions customer to Professional Services for design/deployment. May monitor customers to track satisfaction levels and to discover additional revenue opportunities.
- May assist Product Marketing and/or Research and Development by providing information for future product direction.
- Accounts are typically small to mid-sized with lower complexity.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good knowledge of specific industry segment or solution set
- Good knowledge of SAS products in specified solutions area
- Working knowledge of company pricing and licensing procedures
- Knowledge of basic sales techniques
- Basic knowledge of hardware and/or software acquisitions cycles and buying influences
- Basic skill in analyzing and evaluating territory dynamics and developing sales plans
- Skill in communicating basic technical and business concepts and relating them to SAS applications and user needs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team