Leads software pre-sale and post-sale activities utilizing knowledge of industry or industry segment processes and challenges. Collaborates with account team to identify opportunities, articulate business and technical value, prepares and presents software demonstrations. #LI-CC1
- Qualify Sales Leads and works with sales staff to outline available products and leverage sales opportunities.
- Leads and delivers proposals that are relevant to customer’s business requirements.
- Builds a trusted relationship with the Account Executive and account stakeholders to provide practical guidance in the functional and technical aspects of proposed software and set proper expectations to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Delivers customized and/or strategic presentations outlining the proposed software functional capabilities, competitive advantages and business benefits.
- Delivers technical architecture related information, leads technical discovery sessions, responds to architecture and infrastructure questions when necessary.
- Develop required client relationships in order to develop client trust and gain deeper insight to client situation, needs, and internal situations, with the intent of developing mutually beneficial long-term SAS/client relationships.
- Maintains and develops relevant knowledge levels of technical and industry trends in order to identify impacts and opportunities created by these trends.
- Supports partner development & enablement, as well as partnered sales opportunities.
- Conducts discovery meetings to collect, clarify and document technical and business requirements during the sales cycle.
- Provides demonstration and business development support at vendor-sponsored events, trade shows, and user group meetings.
- Develops familiarity with company sales initiatives, product positioning, pricing, proposals, and models.
- Strategizes with sales team on objectives of customer meetings, understand how this activity relates to overall sales plan and provides functional leadership for sales opportunities.
- Works pro-actively with the extended account team of Industry Consultants, Solution Architects and Technical Architects to strategize on opportunities, cross-training and knowledge transfer.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Assumes lead technical and consultative role in issues involving complex customer systems and applications, utilizing a comprehensive knowledge of industry processes and pains.
- Application of extensive knowledge of SAS products and solutions in sales opportunities.
- Serves as high-level strategist to staff and management in the development of sales opportunities.
- Serves as account/team lead technical resource, counseling staff on technical issues and technical prototype development.
- Utilizes appropriate applications, tools, and solutions to develop and present advanced customized prototype solutions and presentations to customers at highest levels of corporate visibility.
- Makes recommendations to management regarding process guidelines and the effectiveness of existing sales tools, including customized applications, seminars, and user group meetings.
- Participates as a contributing member on division's cross-organizational solutions teams.
To be successful in the role, you will have the following Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Computer Science, or other quantitative field related to area of assignment. Professional certification related to area of assignment may be required.
- Typically requires twelve years of experience in technical sales, marketing, technical support, information systems, or related area of expertise, including five years of programming in a high-level language or developing SAS applications with at least two interactive operating systems supported by SAS. Specific industry-related experience may be considered in lieu of programming experience for some positions. Public speaking experience required.
- In-depth knowledge of FSI industry and comprehensive knowledge of Regulatory Risk & Financial Crimes Solutions for FSI
- Thorough knowledge of SAS System tools.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated project leadership skills.
- Programming proficiency as required for prototype development and product demonstrations.
- Ability to relate technical concepts to SAS applications and user needs.
- Ability to work and learn independently and as part of a team.
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn