Job Function/Job Family: Pre-Sales Support (PS), Pre-Sales Support Effective Date/Last Modification Date: November 7, 2017 FLSA Status: Exempt
Do you have a passion and enthusiasm for Fraud and Security Intelligence or Data Analytics? Are you motivated by immersing yourself in new technology, solving customer problems and becoming an evangelist in the Fraud Solutions or Data Analytics domain? If this sounds like you then SAS has an opportunity you will find both exciting and rewarding, allowing you the chance to continually upskill whilst being the local SME driving the Fraud and Security Intelligence or Data Analytics opportunities across New Zealand. #LI-NE1
What does the ideal candidate look like?
We are seeking a motivated professional with experience in leading a Fraud & Security Intelligence (F&SI) or Data Analytics practice to provide leadership and domain expertise for fraud, financial crimes, public security and cyber-crime solutions or Data Analytics. This role requires a strong technical background and ability to design and architect complex solutions that meet a client’s business objectives. This is a spearhead role in the NZ Pre-sales team that will work closely with the regional Domain Lead and the NZ Leadership Team to ensure SAS has an end to end approach to support these core go‐to‐market solutions for NZ market.
You will be a recognised domain expert within your defined solution area with demonstrated credibility and ability to position, differentiate and articulate the value of SAS solutions to our customers.
N.B. SAS will train you on the SAS technologies and solutions to help enable your success in this role. If you have strong analytics experience and are wanting to progress into the fraud and security intelligence space we would also consider these profiles favorably.
What can I expect in the role?
As a business and industry expert, you will leverage your understanding of the market to drive opportunities and initiatives across existing and new client accounts to successfully achieve a software revenue quota. You also will be responsible for driving the adoption and ultimately the success of these F&SI solutions by influencing early sales cycles with the Sales and Pre-sales teams across New Zealand.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Identify and analyse the local addressable market and competitor landscape
- Determine which solutions will enjoy our focus for the financial year
- Drive a program to generate sales leads
- Support the sales team in qualifying business opportunities, assessing business requirements, translating business requirements into optimal solutions and providing required technical and domain expertise to ensure successful closure of business opportunities.
- Proactively engage and build trusted relationships with sales teams and client accounts such that they can leverage your solution domain expertise in sales engagements.
- Deliver standard, customised and/or strategic, senior‐level software demonstrations and presentations outlining the functional capabilities, competitive advantages and business benefits as they apply to client needs.
- Assess the competency of Sales and Pre-sales teams to support sales opportunities for solution area and communicate knowledge to other non‐technical sales functions to empower them to position and support solutions
- Maintain the highest standards of expert Industry knowledge at all times
- Work closely with local, regional and global product teams to leverage best and repeatable business practices
- Work with the regional Marketing Manager, to formulate a suitable marketing plan for F&SI in NZ
- Desired skills and experience:
- Expert and proven technical background with experience of designing and architecting complex solutions. As a domain expert fully understand the architecture and inner workings of the SAS software portfolio they support
- Deep domain knowledge and subject matter expertise for at least one, preferable more of Fraud, Financial Crimes, Public Security, Cyber Crime, Social Networking, Social Media, Risk, or related Analytics Solutions.
- Ability to conceptualise client needs and translate into specific implementation strategies
- Excellent problem solving, written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- Eight years of experience in sales, marketing, business partner relationship development, or technical functions within the technology industry (including related products and services)
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Computer Science, or other quantitative field related to area of assignment
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn