About SAS R&D India
SAS R&D India (Pvt.) Ltd., a wholly owned subsidiary of SAS Inc., USA, is a key development center for Research and Development of products and solutions for SAS. The Pune office, being the largest R&D center outside the US, is focused on developing strategic products and solutions of SAS.
- A leading SAS R&D centre, established in 2000, based on delivery, innovation and passion
- Located in Magarpatta City in Pune – a modern integrated township including STPI and SEZ units
- An environment for people with long term commitment, building leading edge enterprise software products
- Apart from R&D, the center also hosts various other teams such as Product Management, Enterprise Excellence, Pre-sales, Tech Support, User Experience, Technical Publication, Professional Services and Hosting support team for our SaaS division
About the role:
The role is based in the Pune R&D Center, at SAS R&D Pune facility. For this role, you will join the Retail Solutions team. We are looking for a Java developer to help develop the next generation Merchandise Planning Solution. You will help with plan and design work and take responsibility for large parts of the application. Furthermore, you will be joining a friendly team with a broad range of experience, so you will also help mentor and develop more junior members of the team.
Essential Technology Experience:
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in developing web applications
- Proficiency in JAVA, Spring, and MVC patterns, Gradle, Maven
- Experience with web development frameworks to include one or more of the following: jQuery, NodeJS, AngularJS, Ember, React or equivalent
- Experience with Postgres, Oracle databases
- Must be familiar with all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Ability to make UI recommendations based on solid understanding of user interactions.
Experience of these items would be useful:
- Experience with Open stack, docker and/or AWS
- Experience building components designed for reuse with performance in mind.
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies
- Ability to use Test Driven Development methodologies (Unit test and UMLs)
- Familiarity with Bootstrap and/or Foundation and Font-awesome.
- Experience with multi-tier web application development and working knowledge of Web Application Servers.
- Demonstrated experience with disciplined unit, regression, and integration testing
- Experience of C/C++ will be helpful in these positions.
- Familiarity with Apache projects like Hadoop, Spark.
We are a friendly team, and we’ll be offering you plenty of opportunities to develop your career. Interested? Then please get in touch to find out more!
- Work Hands-on with the teams to define the architecture of multi-tier solutions. Should be able to understand the requirements from the product management and should be able to translate them to the product features and architecture using new technologies to solve the business problem.
- Should be able to present the design and proposed architecture to the stakeholders. Should be able to define the architecture for scale, performance and usability. Should facilitate the selection of correct technical choices via collaboration.
- Should be able to guide and mentor junior developers and peers in the team.
- Should be able to implement the architecture with the team and solve complex technical issues.
- Should be able to improve on processes related to quality of the software development. Should ensure and work closely with the development and testing teams to ensure quality software development.
- Work closely with product management to define the future requirements.
- Help the management in project scoping and execution.
Background and Experience
SAS is seeking a seasoned technical professional with an experience of 7-13 years in multiple software technologies and domains. The candidate should have successful track record of designing and helping architecting enterprise class solutions with high-performance and scalability. Candidate should have excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to address small and large audiences when required.
- Experience of working in Global software organizations engaged in provision of large software development. Also, highly desired is experience in high data volume domains like Retail or others.
- Experience working in a Service Oriented Architecture and integrating diverse applications is required.
- Experience developing for the cloud, SaaS and DevOps is preferred, involving large scale data migrations and handling.
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in helping architect software preferred.
- At least 7-10 years’ experience in Software Development (Web Services (REST/SOAP), JMS, and XML/JSON) hands-on development experience.
SAS Research & Development (India) Pvt. Ltd. Know more about SAS R&D India
Level 1, 2A & 3, Tower 5, Cybercity
Pune - 411 013
Tel: +91-20-4911 8888
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn