Great work. Dynamic Talent. Awesome Culture!
“Because we eliminate unnecessary distractions and help relieve everyday stress, our employees are happier, healthier and proud of the difference their work makes” – Jim Goodnight, CEO, SAS
If you have to spend, on average, 54% of your waking hours at work, why not do something meaningful – that you can be proud of?
SAS is making a difference in people’s lives all around the world. Now, it is your turn to give people “The power to Know”.
Come join a team of dynamic individuals and contribute to a winning culture!
SAS is the leader in analytics. Through innovative analytics, business intelligence and data management software and services, SAS helps customers at more than 80,000 sites make better decisions faster. Since 1976, SAS has been giving customers around the world THE POWER TO KNOW®.
SAS is the first company to call when customers need to solve complex business problems, achieve key objectives and manage their information assets more effectively.
Watch SAS Overview Interactive Tour to learn how SAS fulfills its mission and vision. Find out how SAS provides more than just software by creating innovative solutions to business problems. Hear why customers view their relationship with SAS as a partnership that they can rely on for many years.
- Provide direct and ongoing technical leadership for a team of individual contributors designing and implementing user centric use cases and tests.
- Manage deliverables, and schedules for multiple ongoing projects, ensuring resources are appropriately allocated and goals, objectives, and timelines are met in accordance with organizational roadmap.
- Communicate project status and escalates issues to direct managers, development counterparts and other stake holders as appropriate.
- Set and maintain quality standards for company products through use of systematic processes.
- Develop, modify, and execute software test strategies, plans and suites.
- As necessary, develop tools and infrastructure to automate test executions.
- Proactively identify opportunities for process improvements and productivity gains.
- Provide people-care management for assigned team members, including hiring, setting and monitoring of annual and intermediate goals, coaching, career development and conflict resolution
- Build a testing team of professionals with appropriate skills, attitudes and motivation. Mentor staff members, identify their L&D needs, perform 1:1 meetings and provide ongoing feedback
- Take-up any additional management responsibility as necessary
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including interpersonal, negotiation, presentation skills.
- An excellent listener who absorbs and respects opinions of others, but is decisive and able to influence, with and without direct authority
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Advanced knowledge of Software Testing theories and practices
- Knowledge of SAS’ Business Intelligence tools or equivalents
- Excellent programming aptitude in any of these languages: SAS, C, C++, Java etc and exposure to test automation
- Ability to work closely with remote and local development teams
- 10+ years of hands-on work experience in software testing, including 3+ years of team lead or managerial experience.
- 3+ years of experience in testing web-based graphics applications from business intelligence domain - preferred