As a member of the R&D Usability team, this person will design, prototype, and document SAS Platform user interfaces. The duties of this position will include conducting usability studies, prototyping and producing detailed UI design specifications; ensuring user interface consistency within a multi-application suite; creating and maintaining usability standards; evaluating new technology, and other duties as assigned.
- Works on a single Retail domain product or product suite.
- Focuses on user persona (Size profile Analyst and Size profile Approver) of the retail domain to find out their experience goals and needs and the flow of tasks to achieve those goals.
- Study retail domain processes. Designs and conducts usability field studies & contextual design projects accordingly to gain domain insights.
- Influences the product development team to support UCD.
- Demonstrates awareness of Retail market/ competitors and knowledge of users in problem solving.
- Independently develops long term strategy for retail domain product suite in terms of its user experience.
- Communication and presentation skills necessary to present, explain, negotiate, and monitor design solutions.
Expertise in User Centric Design methodologies including:
- User interface design for web, mobile and desktop applications
- User research
- User analysis
- Experience goal analysis
- Conceptual modelling
- User persons development
- Scenario development
- Task flow design
- Interaction Design
- Cognitive walkthroughs and heuristic evaluations
- Usability testing
As a member of the R&D Usability team, design, prototype and document user interfaces (UIs) for SAS retail solutions.
Primary responsibilities would include the following:
- Performs research focused on understanding retail domain and user behavior as individuals and as part of a work group.
- Interacts with retail customers, user groups, and marketing to identify functional requirements.
- Works with marketing and development to put functional requirements into contextual mockups, via use cases. Works in cross functional teams to translate functional requirements into system design.
- Designs, develops, and documents high level and detailed storyboards, mock-ups and/or prototypes to effectively communicate designs.
- Runs design reviews, usage walkthroughs, and usability tests with key stakeholders of retail solutions and representative user person to validate designs and iterate designs as needed. Prepares feasibility studies and designs tests to determine operating characteristics of software as required.
- Gains appropriate levels of proficiency with SAS software and design tools to support user experience design activities.
- Conduct usability studies, prototype UIs and produce detailed UI design specifications. Ensure usable, accessible, branded and visually appealing UIs.
- Maintain user experience consistency within a multi-application retail suite. Create and enhance usability standards. Evaluate new technologies.
- Screen design creation using image processing tools like Photoshop, Illustrator, Axure, Balsamiq, and MS Visio. (or any similar prototyping tool)
- Development of functional prototypes using technologies/languages like Flex/HTML5/CSS.
- Application of UI guidelines for relevant development platforms like Windows, iOS, Swing and Eclipse, Android.
- Working Knowledge of Flex, HTML5, CSS
- General knowledge of JSP, Java, AJAX, DOM
- User Cantered Design Methodology
- Human Computer Interaction (HCI)
- Knowledge of software development processes.
- Knowledge of evolving user experience trends
- Familiarity with multiple operating systems.
- Knowledge of cutting edge technologies
- Mobile platforms
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Product Design, Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Graphics, Cognitive Psychology, or related design field.
- User interface design experience.
- Work Experience - 3 to 8 years
SAS Research & Development (India) Pvt. Ltd. Know more about SAS R&D India
Level 1, 2A & 3, Tower 5, Cybercity
Pune - 411 013
Tel: +91-20-4911 8888
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn