As part of our continued growth in the Middle East, SAS is currently seeking an Alliance Specialist to cover the Middle East region. This position can be based in Riyadh, KSA or Dubai, UAE.
Responsible for aligning SAS and Partner strategies and for developing and executing business plans to maximize mutual business value. There are two Alliance Specialist role types – Regional Alliance Manager with responsibility to a region and/or regional partners and Global Partner Manager responsible for a global partner(s) with broad geographic reach and impact. Titles may include Alliance Manager, Global Partner Manager, Regional Alliance Manager, and Partner Business Development Manager. Variances may be due to Partner only responsibilities vs regional field sales and partner responsibilities.
- In consultation and alignment with SAS global Alliances & Channels objectives, develop and execute business plans with clear goals, measurable objectives, and defined success criteria for assigned SAS region/BU and/or assigned Partner(s).
- Focus on assigned partner(s), acts as primary point of contact for named partner(s) and manage all aspects of the alliance relationship with accountability for meeting partner revenue quotas.
- Deliver high-value partner SAS revenue via the Alliance Partner organization by utilizing in-depth knowledge of BU/Country needs, partner expertise, and multiple business model options so that SAS can maximize partner value during the solution sales cycle to increase SAS close ratios and revenue.
- Identify, develop, and maintain relationship with influential executives within SAS and the Partner’s organization who can/will materially impact our ability to execute. Maintain particular focus on Sales, Marketing and Product Management as well as Partner Programs to ensure consistent messaging and communication to partners.
- Responsible for aligning SAS internal strategy and direction with respect to the Alliance business and market focus.
- Perform and maintain peer mapping to identify appropriate and equivalent stakeholders from SAS and the Partner and to align roles and responsibilities.
- Coordinate partner, SAS pre-sales, and SAS Professional Services team members to design/develop/execute successful pre-sales support and delivery engagement models to ensure integrated coordinated team and competent delivery of integrated and repeatable offerings.
- Work in conjunction with the Legal Division to ensure implementation and compliance with SAS Partner Program to ensure maximum scale and consistency across industry or geographic boundaries.
Joint Business Planning
- Business plans should be developed with consideration for joint business development, thought leadership, marketing and market presence, lead generation, partner enablement plans, and will include revenue targets and other key success metrics.
- Monitor and ensure partner program compliance. Develop and execute a regular communication plan to keep joint business plan on trace and maintain alignment. Develop and manage day-to-day operations for assigned partner(s) to ensure that they are effectively managed and that performance objectives are achieved.
- Track and report results (revenue, pipeline, and other key success metrics as agreed to with management) to ensure that objectives are met. Manage the pipeline process with input of Sales and pre-sales activities utilizing the SAS system of record for sales, Orion, and in compliance with the Partner Program, Opportunity Registration Form (ORF) for partner recognition.
- Develop and execute when necessary a process for escalation of Alliance issues. Identify escalation path specific to SAS and partner(s) stakeholders.
Aligned with regional strategy and geographic requirements this role may be a hybrid position incorporating aspects of the Channel Account Manager role.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good knowledge of solution selling and product marketing techniques, business partner relationship development strategies, or technical functions within the technology industry and/or knowledge of a specific industry, market, technology, or business initiative related to area of assignment
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Public speaking experience
- Regional/national business perspective
- Ability to work effectively in teams
Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways. This job is the fully qualified, career-oriented, journey-level position.
Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, or other related field.
Typically requires five years of experience in sales, marketing, business partner relationship development, or technical function within the technology industry, including related products and services. (Experience in a specific industry, market, technology, or business initiative related to area of assignment may be substituted for experience in the technology industry.)
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn