If you have to spend, on average, 54% of your waking hours at work, why not do something meaningful – that you can be proud of? SAS is making a difference in people’s lives all around the world. Our analytics software helps organizations make the kinds of important decisions that drive change each and every day – like how to capture the bad guys, keep kids safe, feed the hungry, and even ensure that people who struggle to learn are not lost.
Individuals in this role are accountable for achieving assigned territory sales targets on a quarterly and annual basis by maximizing SAS software license and services revenues to prospective and existing SAS clients. Skills selling strategic multi-year, high revenue complex software and services deals are essential for success. Working on several larger deals at one time is anticipated and therefore significant interaction/co-ordination of multi-disciplinary internal resources is required.
- Aggressively pursues and achieves a minimum of 100% of assigned quota (annually and quarterly) through sales of SAS software licenses.
- Develops territory strategies and account plans independently and to achieve software revenue from complex multi-year deals that drive significant customer value.
- Acts as the “trusted advisor” to highlight the value of SAS solutions to the clients’ business.
- Builds strong relationships with senior level government personnel. May occasionally use the most senior SAS staff to discuss SAS corporate values and strategies that will drive sales cycles.
- As the domain expert for the industry, the rep will act as a resource for other reps developing their territory strategy, undertaking account planning and as required with opportunity briefings.
- Creatively leverages the understanding of SAS solutions to particular account applications and highlights such through the use of effective sales presentation and meetings.
- Pursues opportunities to engage SAS Consulting Services or acquire SAS Education to maximize consulting or education revenue.
- Engages the SAS Business Relationship Manager (BRM) and incorporates the SAS partner as part of the sales strategy in closing an opportunity.
- Builds on-going relationship with customer at highest levels to ensure they understand the value that SAS brings to their business and thus maintain/increase renewal revenue.
- Manages their sales pipeline and meets regularly with the sales manager to update sales forecasts.
- Maintains a current understanding of SAS solution value propositions and the applicability of such to the territory.
- Creatively uses the knowledge of SAS licensing and pricing policies to construct solutions to the client‘s procurement and accounting requirements.
- Completes quotes/bids, RFI/RPFs with the assistance of other SAS personnel, in order to produce a high-quality, concise, complete SAS deliverable.
- Negotiates contracts with customer resources independently requiring only the assistance of our legal counsel.
- Builds strong positive SAS customer experience such that customer becomes a strong SAS proponent within the industry segment
- Monitors industry segment to keep abreast customer’s current and developing trends and requirements. Works closely with marketing to analyze such information and to develop creative industry selling strategies
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Business, Marketing, Computer Science or other relevant discipline.
- 10 or more years selling software solutions and related services to Fortune 100 with consistent historical achievement of assigned sales quotas. This experience will include the demonstrated use of a sales methodology such as TAS or Solution Selling.
- 10 or more years experience negotiating contracts for complex business solutions that have multi-year licenses and payment structures.
- Ability to quickly build rapport and maintain relationships with senior management in government institution arena.
- Ability to perform independent research and analysis and develop strategies to maximize revenue within accounts, the territory and industry segment.
- Ability to quickly assimilate industry, territory or customer’s business issues, analyze the situations in real time and translate to the capabilities of SAS solution or service offerings.
- Thorough knowledge of corporate/government acquisition/procurement practices and buying influences.
- Accurate and clear communication in both written and verbal at the SVP and C level.
- Demonstrated ability to construct creative proposals or sales responses and present them independently or with a team.
- Demonstrated Project Leadership skills in order to direct internal resources to assist in the all aspects of the sales cycle from strategy development to opportunity execution. Co-ordination of post-sales resources to ensure successful implementation and training.
- Ability to build strong relationships with partners, as required, in order to leverage their resources to progress an opportunity.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills to close large complex multi-year and multi-country deals.
- Capability to travel to customers or partners within the territory as often as daily.
- Directly related experience or a combination of directly related education and experience and or competencies may be considered in place of the above requirements
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in Canada.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education requirement stated above.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn