- System administration experience on Unix and Windows (Redhat Linux and to a lesser extent, Windows Server 2008 through 2012R2
- Server infrastructure (Server models, chipsets, cores, memory, threading) and associated performance options and communication protocols (TCP/IP, ARP, etc.)
- Diagnosing and tuning for system performance (NMON, FIO, PerfMon, SysInternals, IOSTAT, IOMeter, NETSTAT, VMSTAT, TOP, etc. )
- Scripting/Programming including HP Performance Center/Load Runner and one or more of the following: SQL, SAS, KORN, BASH, PowerShell, C, etc.
- Knowledge and basic experience on storage infrastructure (Hadoop, SAN, NAS, NFS, etc.) and associated protocols (FCOE, Fiber Channel, CIFS, JBOD, etc.)
- Troubleshooting performance at multiple computing levels (HW, OS, Application, Networking, etc.)
- RDBMS integration technologies (ODBC, JDBC, SAS/Access, etc.,) and performance analysis (collaborating with DBAs) including (Oracle, SAP/Hana, Teradata, Greenplum and/or Neteeza)
- SAS 9.4 foundation / technology / architecture
- Familiarity with Cloud technologies
- Basic understanding of Hadoop infrastructure.
- Knowledge on python scripting.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and email
- Clear and concise English penmanship for drafting and reviewing papers
- Planning, multi-tasking in addition to strong communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Passion for making a difference, motivated and self-starter
- Superior problem-solving skills as an individual and team
- Passion and track history of keeping current on state-of-the-art technologies, standards and database/analytics industry
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and with a team.
Experience: 6+ years
SAS Research & Development (India) Pvt. Ltd. Know more about SAS R&D India
Level 1, 2A & 3, Tower 5, Cybercity
Pune - 411 013
Tel: +91-20-4911 8888
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn