Risk & Finance Specialist for the Insurance Sector/ Solutions Architect
Travel %: Up to 50%, mainly in EU but also outside
As a Solutions Architect you will assist the sales team with solution sales activities to maximize revenue opportunities and ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction and provide - occasionally - SAS consulting services at customer sites. You will develop and enhances personal and group skills primarily for the benefit of the pre-sales process. You must possess a strong knowledge of SAS products, the Solvency II regulation and the IFRS 17 Standard; be able to participate in and may lead the design process; can relate technical concepts to SAS applications and user needs and oversee the technical progress of ongoing services.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Building a trusted relationship with the AE, and client account to provide practical and theoretical guidance in the business value of proposed solution and set proper expectations to ensure customer satisfaction
- Strategizing with sales team on objectives for customer meetings, understanding how this activity relates to overall sales plan and providing functional solution leadership for sales opportunities
- Leveraging knowledge of the risk and finance domain or insurance industry to increase SAS’s credibility primarily in sales situations
- Conducting discovery meetings to collect, analyze, clarify and document business requirements during the sales cycle to support the implementation team and to produce a detailed solution proposal
- Scoping and defining work effort, resource plan and estimates cost on phase/project.
- Conducting project requirements gathering.
- Working on internal consulting projects.
- Delivering standard, customized and/or strategic, senior level solution demonstrations and presentations outlining the functional capabilities, competitive advantages and business benefits of the SAS solutions as they apply to client needs
- Installing SAS solutions and any required supporting products for knowledge sharing and demonstration purposes.
- Assisting in the response to RFI/RFP’s utilizing the RFP Repository and crafting thorough and compelling answers
- Providing reliable delivery of targeted proof of concept results through role as expert in the application of specific SAS methodologies, projects and technologies
- Participating in product and solution training to acquire and maintain a detailed level of product knowledge of core components of SAS offerings in the risk and finance area, how each solution addresses business challenges, competitive information to identify how our solution stands apart, and what challenges/limitations may be encountered
- Understanding, utilizing and communicating best practice methodologies internally and externally
- Providing support for EMEA business development activities and marketing events
- Working proactively with Systems Engineers, Technical Architects and other Solutions Architects to strategize on opportunities, cross-training and knowledge transfer
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- In depth understanding of Actuary and Accounting techniques she/he should be able to interact with Actuaries, Finance and Accounting managers and CFOs in positioning our offerings
- Specialized knowledge in Life Insurance Actuarial Tools, especially Prophet.
- Experience with IT technologies to support risk and finance processes is valued, namely programing experience in actuarial or finance.
- Certificates in Risk Management, Actuarial and Accounting Standards will be valued.
- Strong willing to cover a wide geographical area that includes EU but also other countries across the world.
- Demonstrated industry relationships and credibility.
- Demonstrated ability to present to all levels of an organization.
- Fundamental understanding of decision support and SAS Solutions in risk & finance.
- Ability to network inside with the related teams and ability to work in an open environment with formal and informal teams.
- Target oriented and ambition to achieve success in sales revenue and customer satisfaction.
- Ability to understand and translate complex technical and business information to internal/external audiences.
- Strong facilitation and communications skills
- Master's degree in Business, Computer Science, or related field; with
- 5 years of technical sales, systems engineering, project management, applications development and/or customer support
- Bachelor's degree plus 7 years of the stated essential requirements; ~OR~
- High School diploma plus 9 years of the stated essential requirements
- Living within 500 km range of Brussels
Be fluent in 2 European languages, one of them being English