Reporting to the Risk Business Consulting Director, the selected candidate as a Risk Industry Consultant will support SAS Sales in several countries, in achieving revenue targets by providing industry/business domain expertise mainly in Risk Management; developing an industry/business domain viewpoint on SAS Offerings and representing those viewpoints to clients; and providing strategic impact to the Sales Industry go-to-market plans.
- Provides direct industry/business domain sales support through sales calls, sales tool development, and coaching for the sales force on industry focused account strategies. Leads the sales organization with new account penetration strategies. Involved in all stages of the sales engagement.
- Develops and maintains relationships with partners, key consultancies, and system integrators to establish focused and effective strategic teaming arrangements.
- Develops industry specific sales strategy for assigned industry that enables the SAS sales force to establish SAS as the key industry analytics partner to include the following: identifying industry trends and sources of major disruption in the industry, establishing strategic vision and value propositions based on SAS offerings, and articulating a solution capability at the C-level. This sales strategy will address what to sell and how to sell; and will identify any gaps in SAS’ existing offerings that need to be addressed.
- Participates in activities that demonstrate SAS’ industry experience and leadership. May publish industry articles, blogs and white papers. Speaks at internal and external industry events. Develop workshops to educate sales/marketing team.
- Identifies industry trends, emerging issues, competitive advances and threats. Coordinates with other SAS resources to help define SAS’ position regarding these trends and issues, then aligns SAS’ position based on business unit market requirements.
- Prepares and delivers presentations to customers at the highest levels of management.
- Participates with senior management to identify and establish objectives, assignments, and goals in accordance with SAS strategic plans; assists in targeting specific customers and business partners to promote industry sales and marketing initiatives.
- Works closely with sales staff, sales management, and marketing staff to ensure successful positioning of industry solutions and that a consistent message is communicated to our customers and/or business partners.
- Identifies sales support resources required to deliver appropriate SAS solution design.
- Assists with providing market-driven information for future product direction using industry expertise and direct interaction with customers, prospects, analysts, and other external resources.
- Builds credibility and trusted advisor relationship with customers.
- Participates on the delivery of the SAS risk solutions as a solution specialist and SME, assisting the project teams on a successful delivery and customer satisfaction”
- Required to travel on a frequent basis - will cover a wide geografical area that includes Europe but also other countries across the world.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Bachelors Degree, preferably in Business, Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, or related discipline.
Typically requires a minimum of 10 years of experience in Risk and Finance in the Banking Sector.
Experience with IT technologies to support Finance and Risk processes is valued, namely programing experience in finance and risk models.
Certificates in Risk Management and Accounting Standards are also valued.
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn