Works in analytics pre-sales team who assist sales teams, senior and executive management to maximize revenue opportunities in Advanced Analytics domain and ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction. Influences sales through domain and business expert (focused on Banking, Telecommunications, Insurance and Retail) credibility brought directly to ongoing pre-sales activities.
- Work with the sales team in across industries (Banking, Telecommunications, Insurance, Retail, etc.) on advanced analytical activities to maximize revenue opportunities and ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction
- Provide consultative approach, including advisory recommendations to support proposed analytics solution and possess technical aptitude to solve complex big data business problems based on SAS core competencies in advanced analytics, data management, and visualization.
- Translate business requirements into SAS advanced analytics solutions and link to business value.
- Identifies appropriate architecture, application, tools, and solutions for targeted accounts.
- Prepares technical demonstrations, proof of concepts, and presentations based on client needs.
- Conduct discovery meetings to collect, analyze, clarify and document business requirements during the sales cycle to support the implementation team and to produce a detailed solution proposal.
- Drive go-to-market strategies & initiatives on advanced analytics and machine learning area including product positioning, pricing, proposals, and models
- Clearly articulates the breadth and value of software and the company in advanced analytics and business/industry area. Clearly states how the company differentiates from the competition, to empower sales/pre-sales to identify opportunities and successfully position SAS, and/or to 3rd parties such as analysts or the press.
- Assists in the response to RFI/RFP’s or business case requests utilizing the RFP Repository and/or crafting thorough and compelling answers and proposals that effectively differentiate the company from our competitors.
- Works with product marketing, product management, sales and R&D groups to validate market driven sales approaches to support strategic analytics initiatives and ensure customer and market direction input is reflected in ongoing releases.
- Proactively drives customer retention efforts.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- As a business/industry expert, the Senior Analytics Pre-sales Consultant understands an entire industry with focus on Banking, Telecommunications, Insurance & Retail and/or specific business processes within organizations which the advanced analytics software, along with the company, can be deployed to support. A business/industry expert can articulate how the company’s software adds value to an organization or business process including the key value drivers, the expected returns or improvements and be able to back that up with demonstrated success stories.
- Maintains the highest standards of expert Industry knowledge at all times.
- Proactively communicates knowledge to sales colleagues and other non-technical sales functions that empower the field to identify opportunities and successfully positions the company’s software appropriately in the business function, business process or industry area.
- Supports senior/executive management through the execution of sales workshops, or other means, to examine the pipeline and suggest appropriate activities to expand the pipeline (business expansion), move deals through the pipeline or improve the local ability to execute.
- Maintains a clear map of company software capabilities to customer needs and business processes as well as into a specific industry where applicable by analyzing industry trends and other market information to identify common opportunities
- Develops and manages relationships in strategic markets and accounts including building customer networks, especially with C-levels and senior executives.
- Works closely with local, regional and international sales practices to align internal organizations around common goals and improve their ability to be effective and adopt repeatable business practices.
- Runs workgroups to share sales best practices, identify new opportunities, share sales successes and to proactively drive appropriate information to field constituents
- As a domain expert, the Senior Analytics Pre-sales Consultant possesses a strong knowledge of a set of the company’s advanced analytics, machine learning and AI software and how they, along with the company, should be positioned, demonstrated and utilized to demonstrate the highest levels of value of the customer and make SAS stand out in the market. A domain expert fully understands the architecture and inner workings of the SAS software portfolio they support.
- Maintains the highest standards of expert domain and technology knowledge at all times
- Proactively communicates knowledge to sales colleagues and other technical sales/pre-sales functions that empower the field to identify opportunities and successfully position the company’s software appropriately in the domain area.
- Delivers standard, customized and/or strategic, senior-level software demonstrations and presentations outlining the functional capabilities, competitive advantages and business benefits of the company’s software as they apply to client needs.
- Installs software and any required supporting 3rd party products for knowledge sharing and demonstration purposes.
- Runs workgroups to share sales demonstration and positioning best practices, identify new opportunities, share sales successes and to proactively drive appropriate information to field constituents.
- Co-ordinates the internal launch of new software to technical sales/pre-sales staff either globally or in a specified region. For example, builds and delivers demos; builds and delivers “what’s new” customer-ready videos and slide decks; holds sales and technical exchanges and develops sales and technical FAQs as well as other launch collateral as appropriate in conjunction with other HQ departments.
- Participates in product and solution training to acquire and maintain a detailed level of product knowledge of core components of company offerings in assigned areas, how company’s software addresses specific business challenges, competitive information to identify how the company is differentiated, and what challenges/limitations may be encountered.
- Uses domain/industry/solution expertise to participate in and lead pre-sales activities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of sales and product marketing techniques, business partner relationship development strategies, or technical functions within the technology industry and/or knowledge of a specific industry, market, technology, or business initiative related to area of assignment
- Strong customer facing skills on focused industries to run pre-sales activities
- Strong hands-on capability across SAS Advanced Analytics solutions (SAS Enterprise Miner & Guide, SAS Visual Analytics and Statistics, SAS ETS, etc.)
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Public speaking experience
- Ability to work effectively in teams.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel (Team Lead).
Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways. Some barriers to entry exist at this level (e.g., dept./ peer review). Level at which career may plateau.
Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Computer Science, or other quantitative field related to area of assignment.
Typically requires eight years of experience in pre-sales, marketing, business partner relationship development, or technical functions within the technology industry (including related products and services). Experience in a specific industry, market, technology, or business initiative related to area of assignment may be substituted for experience in the technology industry.