SAS is the leader in business analytics software and services, and the largest independent vendor in the business intelligence market. Through innovative solutions, SAS helps customers improve performance and deliver value by making better decisions faster. #LI-MK1
Risk is a strategic focus area for SAS globally. SAS has been recognized by analysts as a leading supplier of risk technology solutions. We are also proud that SAS is recognized consistently as one of the world’s ‘Best Places to Work’.
Our Risk solutions are designed to help senior risk executives and heads of risk departments:
- Improve financial performance by reducing losses, improving capital management and building a risk-aware culture throughout the organization
- Transcend operational silos with an enterprise-wide, fully integrated risk modeling framework that consolidates risk information and provides an accurate, unified view of risk exposures, and delivers critical information to those who need it when they need it
- Reduce time and cost of compliance by establishing processes to ensure data consistency and integrity, and demonstrating system accuracy and control to regulators with documented audit trails, process transparency and complete traceability.
- SAS offer a broad range of solutions for Risk. The current priority areas include:
- Stress Testing
- IFRS9 / CECL
- Model Risk Management
- Regulatory Risk Management
- Credit Scoring
- Insurance Risk (IFRS17)
- This role represents an exciting opportunity for a talented risk management & technology professional to play a key role in our growing Asia Pacific Risk business.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
Role will focus initially on support for the following priority use cases: Model Risk Management. The role will also focus on support for solutions based on the SAS Risk Governance Framework (including SAS Governance Compliance Manager, SAS Credit Assessment Manager, SAS Qualitative Assessment Manager and SAS Personal Data Compliance Manager).
The emphasis will be on the application of SAS solutions and tools that address qualitative risk management requirements.
- Assists the support to local in-country sales teams across Asia Pacific with solution sales activities, including customer presentations, solution demonstrations and support for proof of concept (POC) delivery.
- Provides support to SAS professional services team across Asia Pacific, with solution implementation activities, including advice and guidance on solution configuration, implementation and closeout at customer sites.
- Possesses a strong knowledge of SAS products. Participates in and may lead the design process. Ability to relate technical concepts to SAS applications and user needs.
- The role will be complemented by other team members with expertise in risk analytics and modelling.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to Sales and Customers to provide practical and theoretical guidance in the business value of proposed solution and set proper expectations to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Strategizes with sales team on objectives for customer meetings, understands how this activity relates to overall sales plan and provides functional solution leadership for sales opportunities.
- Leverages knowledge of a domain, industry, or SAS Solution to increase SAS’s credibility primarily in sales situations, including sales calls, sales tool development, and coaching for the sales force on industry focused account strategies.
- Delivers standard, customized and/or strategic, senior level solution demonstrations and presentations outlining the functional capabilities, competitive advantages and business benefits of the SAS solutions as they apply to client needs.
- Prepares and delivers presentations to customers at the highest levels of management
- Assists local sales teams in targeting specific customers and business partners to promote SAS solution sales and marketing activities.
- Identifies competitor advances in the market.
- Conducts discovery meeting to collect, analyze, clarify and document business requirements during the sales cycle to support the implementation team and to produce a detailed solution proposal.
- Assists in the response to RFI/RFP’s utilizing the RFP Repository and crafting thorough and compelling answers.
- Scopes and defines work effort, resource plan and estimates cost on phase/project. Conducts project requirements gathering.
- May work on consulting projects and special projects as assigned; acts as technical lead on projects as assigned (Consulting).
- Develops and maintains relationships with partners, key consultancies, and system integrators to establish focused and effective strategic teaming arrangements.
- Develop enablement material and conduct training sessions to educate sales/marketing team.
- Provides reliable delivery of targeted project results through role as expert in the application of specific SAS methodologies, projects and technologies.
- Assists with providing market-driven information for future product direction using domain knowledge and direct interaction with customers, prospects, analysts, and other external resources.
- Required to travel on a frequent basis.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Demonstrated expertise in model risk management or qualitative risk management, and a broad understanding of Risk Management as a discipline. Understands business and value drivers in target markets and customer segments.
Hands-on experience in solution configuration and/or development. Technical expertise in SAS highly desirable.
Ability to acquire a detailed understanding of solution capabilities, and competitive positioning, from a functional and technical perspective.
Demonstrated ability for consultative selling. Ability to drive incremental revenue.
Ability to consult with customers – strong written and verbal communication - ability to engage internal and external stakeholders including Risk, Finance and IT functions
Ability to understand and translate complex technical and business information to internal/external audiences.
Demonstrated ability to present to all levels of an organization.
Excellent analytical, and creative problem-solving skills. Advanced facilitation skills.
Strategic, analytical and innovative thinker.
Team-player with a pragmatic commercial and collaborative approach.
At least 5+ years in risk management experience.
At least 3years working in a vendor or business consulting / sales environment.
Familiarity with SAS an advantage.
Fluent in English.
Role will be based in ASEAN - Hong Kong or Singapore or Thailand preferred.
Regular travel (up to 2w / month) to other SAS locations in Asia Pacific. Occasional travel to other SAS locations in EMEA and US.
Individual assignments can often be of short duration and arranged at short notice.
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn