Are you interested in learning something new every day? Do you like solving challenging technical problems? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with other knowledgeable professionals and thought leaders? If this excites you then Global Enablement and Learning (GEL) is the place for you! As a Technical Architect on the GEL team, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with technicians from all over the world as well as colleagues from across many divisions of the company to develop and share new ideas, techniques, and approaches for implementing projects using the SAS Platform. You will work with leading edge software, tools, and resources to empower fellow consultants to provide world-class service to our many SAS customers. No two days are the same but you may never find another opportunity like this to lead the way forward for so many. Apply today and let us tell you more about GEL and the exciting opportunities we have for you! #LI-CC1
As a Technical Architect in the Global Enablement and Learning organization, you will possess:
- An excellent, practical knowledge of the SAS Platform to support, advise, and develop SAS’s technical staff throughout the world;
- An excellent ability to communicate complex ideas, technical concepts, and best practices to an international audience with both verbal and written communication;
- A strong ability to diagnose, identify and solve technical problems related a wide range of the SAS platform, SAS solutions, and their various integration points;
- A strong understanding of system integration concepts that can affect SAS Platform implementation projects
- You will focus on the core products, technologies, and administration aspects of the SAS Platform including areas such as reporting, administration, monitoring and auditing, performance tuning, security, data management, and system integration.
Your responsibilities will also include:
- Developing, utilizing and communicating best practices and industry standards within the SAS and system administration arena
- Providing functional and performance related troubleshooting assistance for active delivery projects.
- Reviewing and assessing architecture practices across a variety of SAS implementations and solutions
- Providing technical guidance, leadership, and input for new and existing service offerings
- Developing enablement material on a variety of topics to provide guidance and practical knowledge to fellow consultants, architects, and other technical staff
- Building a trusted relationship with internal and external customers to provide practical guidance in the functional and technical aspects of proposed software and set proper expectations to ensure customer satisfaction
- Providing reliable delivery of targeted project results through role as expert in the application of specific SAS methodologies, projects and technologies
- Installing SAS software solutions and any required supporting products for knowledge sharing and demonstration purposes as assigned
- Performing other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, or related field; with
- 5 years of consulting, systems engineering, system administration, and/or applications development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Demonstrated leader in SAS administration topics such as migration, security, system resilience, automation, and efficiencies (publishes articles, leads demand generation activities, speaks at technical tracks for conferences and events)
- Must have thorough knowledge of industry standards, methodologies and SAS foundation technologies, architecture, administration, and resources
- Excellent problem solving, organizational, decision-making, and interpersonal skills
- Experience developing and delivering technical presentations
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to travel domestically as well as internationally as business needs dictate.
- At least 3 years of experience delivering customer facing solutions with the SAS Platform
- Excellent knowledge of the full spectrum of SAS Platform components
- Strong understanding of and experience with web technologies including HTTP Servers, Java Application Servers, WebDAV, SSL, proxy servers.
- Experience in several of the following areas: network security, network connectivity, data storage, I/O tuning, high availability, virtualization, and multiple operating systems
- In-depth knowledge of SAS Visual Analytics
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn