The position will require detailed knowledge and experience of architecture and deployment applied to the implementation of technology based business solutions on multiple platforms. You will have demonstrable skills in the area of the SAS Platform (9.4 and Viya) and third party technologies. You will be required to be a thought leader amongst the SAS technical architecture community and you must possess drive, determination and a desire to deliver initiatives leading to added value for architecture related activities. These initiatives will deliver detailed information and recommended practices for a diverse set of technologies. The focus on the underlying technology will include deployment, security, scalability, availability, performance, resource management and system wide integration.
Your responsibilities will also include:
- Being a technical ‘go to’ expert in SAS and third party technology;
- Identify opportunities to create new enablement materials in order to improve the success and profitability of architecture and deployment engagements across a spectrum of opportunities (sales, support and implementation).
- Travel to deliver workshops and workgroup meetings around the globe to support SAS’s delivery teams;
- Develop and deliver workshop materials in a face-face manner or through remote access mechanisms;
- Lead workgroup meetings to share and absorb best practices from around the world of SAS technical communities;
- Lead technical delivery of “cutting edge software” projects at customer sites e.g. early adopters of new software releases, critical proof of concepts;
- To assist with major software release initiatives by working with colleagues in R&D, product management and global practices;
- Provide tactical technical architecture and deployment support to various stakeholders including Professional Services, Technical Support, Product Management and R&D;
- Develop architecture service offerings;
- Perform testing for new SAS technologies and develop test plans for “what-if” scenarios.
- Bachelor's/Associate’s/HS (GED) degree, in Computer Science, Mathematics Physics, Engineering, or related field;
- 5 years experience of SAS technical implementation projects, architecture, system engineering, project management, and/or customer support experience;
- Demonstrated capability for delivering complex architecture engagements successfully;
- Competencies rated as excellent (and demonstrable) for critically important SAS technologies and concepts such as high-performance computing, Hadoop, security, optimization, availability, migration and load management on the SAS Platform;
- Strong knowledge of architectural principles and practices within an enterprise class landscape;
- Ability to articulate the various phases of an architecture engagement and drill down into the detail when required;
- Deep understanding of the technology/hardware required by large corporate and government organizations to run enterprise class solutions effectively;
- Experienced in working with traditional database and Hadoop technologies;
- Strong knowledge of Unix, Linux, Windows and Virtualization;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Self leading, motivating and ability to deliver projects on time;
- Strong facilitation and communications skills in the medium of English;
- Demonstrated ability to develop and present technical workshops;
- Knowledge of project management principles;
- Good problem solving, organizational, decision-making and interpersonal skills.
- Travel 40 % of the time as business needs dictate;
- Work schedule to be flexible to reflect requirement to meet global colleagues at different times of the day;
- A passion for technology and the drive to ensure that each project is a success.
- Experience defining and optimizing infrastructure for the SAS;
- Experience defining and implementing security designs for SAS technologies;
- Experience defining scalability and high availability architectures;
- Experience of installing and configuring multiple SAS offerings;
- TOGAF Certification, ISEB Certificate in IT architecture or equivalent;
- SAS 9.x Installation and Configuration Certification.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and the European Union, and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. The level of this position will be determined based upon the applicant's education, skills and experience.Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn