Provides leadership to CI resources in pre-sales and sales enablement activities. Develops relationships with sales teams and sales leadership. Provides feedback to product management. Demonstrates leadership and is a role model for the team. Provides direct engagement support, and strategic leadership on sales opportunities. Able to manage a proof of concept or value from beginning to end. Assists in the creation and implementation of sales initiatives, optimal staffing for sales support execution and the establishment of best practices that drive SAS revenue.
- Hires, develops and retains pre-sales professionals with the necessary skills to drive our business forward.
- Directly manages day to day activities of pre-sales staff and sales support activities.
- Determines utilization of staff and resources to achieve sales goals.
- Provides overall leadership on initiatives and projects; coordinates with other business units & geographies to share best practices and approaches.
- Assists and identifies key accounts, emerging technologies and initiative areas to determine strategies that maximize revenue.
- Makes decisions for team in support of regional goals and objectives; referring to upper management on major issues.
- Able to develop content and present to executive level in sales opportunities on the business value of Customer Intelligence.
- Develops executive level relationships on sales opportunities.
- Ensures pre-sales team participation in activities that provide a strong transition to post-sales process and customer adoption.
- Administers all company policy and practices for employees in their organization.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Takes personal responsibility for supporting sales of all Customer Intelligence products, including involvement with and direction to Product, Marketing and R&D.
- Takes initiative to improve the outcomes of the team engagements with Business Units and Country sales.
- Makes contributions to the department. Capable of representing Customer Intelligence externally and internally from a strategic standpoint.
- Acts as a positive role model for others in their department.
- Demonstrates leadership within their department.
- Manages escalations without direction from management or team lead.
To be successful in this role, you will have the following qualifications & experience:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Computer Science, or related field.
- Ten years of relevant experience in Customer Intelligence focused roles. Experience managing a team. Ability to work with and lead a team.
- Strong working knowledge of SAS Customer Intelligence products and their applications
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills; demonstrated leadership skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to communicate clearly
- Has an understanding of business unit and country needs and how to support appropriately.
- Effectively communicate and work across departments within Customer Intelligence Global Practice and outside to other organizations such a Product and Professional Services.
- Can help determine and create escalation paths when necessary.
- Ability to travel as business required.
- Knowledge of sales methodologies and practices.
- Knowledge of company’s marketing concept. #LI-CC1
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn