The Customer Success Manager will manage a portfolio of customers who have purchased our strategic technology and solutions with the goal of supporting the customer from onboarding through technology adoption and use expansion. This position is an integral part of SAS’ long term relationship with its customers, and the efforts put forth by this individual will directly impact the value realized and the ultimate success of the business relationship. Beyond direct interaction with our customers, this individual will work with internal SAS organizations to ensure customer needs are being met in a timely manner.
- Serve as primary post-sale point of contact to develop strong customer advocates at all levels of the organization (IT to user to Exec) that enable the CSM to become a trusted advisor to our customers.
- Responsible for customer communications and conflict resolution
- Jointly define success with customers by understanding the business problems customers are trying to solve in order to best manage the adoption of the software and exceed customer expectations.
- Create and execute Customer Success Plans that set the vision for strategic adoption and usage to align with the business needs and goals of the customer
- Monitor Customer Success through metrics and other measurements.
- Develop an understanding of SAS products and services available to help customers adopt and leverage the software to meet their goals and business needs
- Discover opportunities for additional software, services, education and references and direct leads accordingly.
- Introduce new versions of software to existing customers.
- Develops strategy to work with customers and internal resources to coordinate contract renewals.
- Manages the protection of revenue for the existing renewal stream.
- Assesses account needs and recommend appropriate solutions by applying knowledge of Institute marketing goals and objectives, SAS applications, supported hardware platforms, marketing and business trends, and industry knowledge.
- Works closely with virtual sales team, account managers and executives to facilitate timely response to highly qualified, high revenue potential leads.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good knowledge of basic sales techniques
- Good written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work and learn independently
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to travel occasionally
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high volume sales environment
- Knowledge of SAS products, solutions and services preferred
Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise Supervision Normally receives little instruction on day to day work, general instructions on new assignments
An experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways
Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Marketing, MIS or related field.
Typically requires a minimum of five years of experience in sales, business partner relationship development, or technical functions within the technology industry. Experience in at least one vertical market preferred.
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the requirements stated above.
Work is typically performed in an office environment, using simple, easy muscular movements, involving only the handling of light materials, tools, or equipment in easy work positions, and with no special speed requirements or long stretches of exertion. Vision requirements for this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Competencies are a set of defined behaviors that provide a guide to enable an employee to development in their job. Each Competency has a Definition and several Key Actions. Key Actions are the list of the behaviors that explain the Competency in more detail. The Key Actions are not listed in any particular ranking or order.
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn