If you have to spend, on average, 54% of your waking hours at work, why not do something meaningful – that you can be proud of? SAS is making a difference in people’s lives all around the world. Our analytics software helps organizations make the kinds of important decisions that drive change each and every day – like how to capture the bad guys, keep kids safe, feed the hungry, and even ensure that people who struggle to learn are not lost.
The Associate Technical Consultant, Managed Services, provides consulting and implementation services, including requirements gathering, analysis, solution development, deployment, knowledge transfer, and project closeout, both off and on customer site. Participates and/or leads in design and implementation of complex solution architectures; assists the sales teams with technical sales activities and to maximize revenue opportunities and ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
Within the Managed Services team, also defines, designs and implements network communications and solutions, proposes and implements system enhancements (software and hardware updates) that will improve the performance and reliability of the system. Resolves problems within the scope of the workgroup.
- Install and configure a number of SAS solutions and products
- Lead/participate in architecture workshops and deployment planning process
- Coordinate and plan technical activities among different stakeholders such as customers, third-party hosting providers, and vendors
- Produce excellent customer documentation
- Interact with SAS Technical Support to resolve deployment issues around specific architectures at client sites
- Verify, track, and resolve user and/or system problems.
- Conduct post-implementation knowledge transfer sessions
- Develop training material and/or conduct demonstrations
- Lead and mentor customers in the best practice use and management of SAS offerings
- Build a trusted relationship with SAS customers, to provide practical guidance in the functional and technical aspects of SAS software, and manage expectations to ensure customer satisfaction
- Working collaboratively with the delivery lead or technical architect, provide technical requirements and translate technical vision into a detailed technical implementation proposal
- Troubleshoot hardware, software, or performance problems
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong hands-on technical background
- Superior problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good organizational, decision-making, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team. Takes initiative to get tasks completed
- Able to travel as business requirements dictate
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field, preferably in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- 2-3 or more years of experience within a networked interactive environment in end-user support, customer support, training, or Information Technology
- Bilingual – must be fluent in English and French, written and spoken (other languages an asset)
- Eligible for a personnel security screening through Public Works and Government Services Canada (PWGSC)
Required Technical Skills:
- Good knowledge of Linux and Windows client-server environments
- Comfortable managing Windows servers including Remote Desktop and Active Directory.
- Strong UNIX/Linux skills
- Comfortable with UNIX command line and scripting languages
- Able to modify Bash, PowerShell, and other scripting code
- Experience in making service configuration changes under Windows and Linux Operation Systems
- UNIX/Linux system administration experience
- Experience with Ansible and other configuration management software
- System administration and management experience with: LDAP, AD, Kerberos, SAML, SSL/TLS
- Familiar with data management, business intelligence, and analytics concepts and best practices.
- Consulting experience
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
- Understanding of SAS foundation technologies and architecture
- SAS 9 platform administration experience – deployments, upgrades, and migrations
- SAS Certifications:
- SAS Certified Platform Administrator
- SAS Certified Intelligence Platform Deployment Professional
- Experience with SAS Grid
- Experience with High Availability and Disaster Recovery
- Experience with cloud infrastructures (AWS, Azure, Google)
- Experience with on-premises to cloud migrations
- Certification in one of:
- AWS Developer, AWS Solution Architect
- Azure (70-53x exams)
- Familiar with relational databases and different database vendors such as Oracle, SQL Server, and Postgres
- Hadoop architecture and integration experience
- Experience with virtualization technologies (VMWare, OpenStack, etc.)
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and other containerized technologies
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in Canada.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education requirement stated above.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn