At SAS, we set the bar high for our employees and give them a culture that fosters creativity and promotes innovation. This approach springs our CEO's Jim Goodnight’s philosophy:
“Treat employees like they make a difference and they will
- 95 percent of my assets drive out the gate every evening. It's my job to maintain a work environment that keeps those people coming back every morning.”
As a world leader in Big Data Analytics, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence, SAS is at the very forefront of many of the industry’s latest trends. We help market leading organisations turn data about customers, performance, financials and IoT devices into information they can use to innovate and drive transformation within their business.
SAS is routinely recognized for its workplace culture by various organizations, including the Great Places to Work®. #12 in 2018 https://www.sas.com/en_us/news/press-releases/2018/april/gptw-uk.html
We are looking to expand our Commercial Business Unit and are seeking a talented and passionate Pre-Sales Consultant, with strong analytical skills and ideally previous experience of working in and/or with Commercial B2C sectors.
We're looking for an enthusiastic and proactive individual who excels in creating and maintaining close partnerships with customers and partners alike, to drive forward a shared goal of creating value (through the deployment of data and analytical solutions), promoting innovation and generating new business revenue.
The successful candidate will provide analytics and domain best practice. Responsible for dealing with complex customer situations using knowledge of analytics solutions and technologies to help ensure a win-win outcome for both our customers and SAS.
- Develop a detailed knowledge of SAS solutions, technologies and processes whilst keeping up to date with industry sector developments.
- Nurture and maintain close working relationships, both business and technical, with our customers and partners.
- Support account executives with account planning, opportunity qualification, workshops, solution design and positioning, crafting proposals and bid responses whilst taking ownership of technical activities.
- Comfortably and confidently position (and demonstrate) SAS and its solutions to clients and prospects; scope and lead POC and POV activities.
- Help influence client organisations to consider the adoption of SAS solutions using experience and knowledge of their industry and business requirements
- Passionate and driven individual, analytically minded who enjoys challenges and strives for excellence. Able to work proactively both individually or within a team.
- Strong communication & presentation skills coupled with analytical and problem-solving abilities and comfortable working at both "C" level and with users.
- A curious mind, probing and questioning skills to uncover customer challenges - understand business processes and associated business problems, and to articulate where and how SAS technology and solutions can address.
- Some of the following …
- Proven pre-sales experience resulting in new business software revenue.
- A comprehensive understanding (and hands-on experience) of advanced analytical techniques. (Beneficial) experience, especially in SAS, SQL or analytics open source software (R, python, Spark)
- Solid understanding of the Commercial B2C space (ideally Energy/Utilities), maybe with first-hand experience of working at such organisations.
- Degree in a technical or numerate subject, especially mathematics, statistics, physics or computer science
- Specialism and experience in advanced analytics disciplines such as machine learning, forecasting, text analytics, model management, optimisation, and statistical analysis.
- And finally …. a hunger to work hard, have fun and develop professionally.
This role is based out of our offices in Marlow & London with home working permitted (where appropriate). Our offices are a modern working environment with superb facilities - designed to promote wellbeing, creativity and collaboration (our Marlow HQ has subsidised canteen, free beverages, onsite golf course, cricket pitch, games room etc).
Competitive Base Salary, OTE and benefits package
- Car allowance / company car scheme
- Generous Pension scheme
- Private Healthcare
- Flexible Benefits (family healthcare, dental cover, holiday trading, discounted shopping and rewards).
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn