If you have to spend, on average, 54% of your waking hours at work, why not do something meaningful – that you can be proud of? SAS is making a difference in people’s lives all around the world. Our analytics software helps organizations make the kinds of important decisions that drive change each and every day – like how to capture the bad guys, keep kids safe, feed the hungry, and even ensure that people who struggle to learn are not lost.
Purpose and Objective of Work:
Individuals in this role are accountable for providing presales support to SAS Canada’s Financial Services Account sales teams. The ultimate objective of the role is to bridge SAS’ clients’ opportunities and challenges with SAS’ capabilities, to show the value SAS can provide for our clients. Executing on this objective will drive mutually-successful partnerships with our clients and help drive SAS solutions revenue.
Aligned with the Financial Services Sales organization, the role is responsible for determining, defining and proposing SAS solutions to our clients in this vertical as well as positioning, demonstrating and proving how the proposed solutions will deliver value to our clients. The role will also have a focus on determining and describing how the proposed solutions would be architected within clients’ existing business and technical infrastructure.
The role is also a key contributor to helping define, support and execute on overall account/territory strategies in SAS’ Financial Services territory, in addition to support for individual sales opportunities at these accounts.
Typical presales-related activities for the Solution Architect role can include:
- Developing understanding of clients’ current business strategies, requirements, and opportunities;
- Developing an understanding of the client’s existing business, solution and technical environment;
- Developing, delivering, participating, contributing and/or managing effective client –related and proofing activities, such as demonstrations, customer briefings, proofs of concept, proofs of technology, presentations, proposals, RFP responses, etc.;
- Crafting a target solution architecture for the proposed SAS solutions (which could potentially include technology, services, infrastructure and hosting);
- Describing how the SAS solution could be instantiated within the client’s environment;
- Collaborating with SAS Professional Services and SAS Partners to ensure effective development of implementation estimates and approaches;
- Ensuring successful communication and transition of the solution as defined during the pre-sales process to the Implementation teams, in order to reduce implementation risk and ensure value delivery to the client;
- Provide enablement support to Partners, to help mutually-successful partnerships that will drive additional value for our clients, our partners, and SAS.
- Providing support for the development of opportunity and account strategies;
- Establishing “trusted advisor” relationship with clients, could include activities such as:
- Participating in internal client meetings;
- Advising clients on “best fit” solutions, or solution alternatives;
- Establish a technical vision for SAS for client, and help client support and sell this vision internally.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- The successful candidate for this position will provide solution/technical architecture expertise and support to our Financial Services Sales Team and clients.
- Specifically, a resource with a Solution/Technical Architect background would typically bring, maintain, develop and grow:
- Significant relevant experience and understanding of Solution and/or Technical Architectures that typically reside within SAS Financial Services clients
- Business savvy and understanding how solution architectures fit within a client’s business strategy, and in defining the value these solutions will deliver
- Significant understanding and experience in defining business technology solutions, and how they will fit into clients’ business and technical environments (ideally from the decision support or analytics domain)
- Experience with cloud providers, security, designing for performance an asset.
- More generally, as a Presales Solution Architect, the successful candidate will be expected to have (or develop) and maintain a set of skills required to successfully support the solution/technical aspects of sales opportunities:
- Develop and maintain knowledge of relevant SAS capabilities and differentiators, to support the identification, definition and selling of SAS solutions;
- Maintain current and forward-looking understanding of relevant business, technical and analytical drivers in the Financial Services industry, in order to understand and identify how SAS can help our Financial Services clients address changes, opportunities and challenges within the vertical;
- Highly effective communications (written, presentation, conversational) to present/message/communicate/sell effectively at all levels of client organizations (as well as internally within SAS);
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with clients’ data scientist teams;
- Experience with sales methodologies, sales teams, and evidence of sales/sales support success;
- High levels of proactivity, creativity, curiosity, self-motivation, and thirst for knowledge. Goal oriented, competitive;
- Works effectively in virtual and formal teams, takes ownership and shows leadership within the team and with client interaction and relationships;
- Experience with relevant/related business capabilities a plus – e.g., information management, data warehousing, data visualization, business intelligence analytics;
- Experience with analytically-related technologies, e.g.: SAS, open source technologies such as Hadoop, Python, and R, etc.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in Canada.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education requirement stated above.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn