Big Data. Bigger Opportunities.
Some people see data as facts and figures. But it’s more than that. It’s the lifeblood of business. It contains an organisation's history and it’s trying to tell you something. SAS helpscustomers around the world make sense of the message.
As the leader in business analytics software and services, SAS transforms data into insights that give our clients a fresh perspective on their business. They can identify what’s working. Fix what isn’t and discover new opportunities.
At SAS, we set the bar high for our employees and give them a culture that fosters creativity and promotes innovation. This approach springs from CEO Jim Goodnight’s philosophy: “Treat employees like they make a difference and they will.”
SAS is looking to hire a Senior Associate Systems Engineer for the German market. This position is based in our Dublin office.
The Systems Engineer provides technical assistance for software pre/post sale activities for the German market, utilizing knowledge of industry or industry segment processes & challenges. Collaborates with account team to identify opportunities, articulate business & technical value, prepares and presents software demonstrations.
- Works with Inside sales teams, primarily the German market to outline available products and leverage sales opportunities.
- Builds a trusted relationship with the Account Executive and account stakeholders to provide practical guidance in the functional and technical aspects of proposed software and set proper expectations to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Delivers standard, customized and/or strategic presentations outlining the proposed software functional capabilities, competitive advantages and business benefits.
- Delivers technical architecture related information, leads technical discovery sessions, responds to architecture and infrastructure questions when necessary.
- Develop required client relationships in order to develop client trust and gain deeper insight to client situation, needs, and internal situations, with the intent of developing mutually beneficial long-term SAS/client relationships.
- Maintains and develops relevant knowledge levels of technical and industry trends in order to identify impacts and opportunities created by these trends.
- Supports partner development & enablement, as well as partnered sales opportunities.
- Conducts discovery meetings to collect, clarify and document technical and business requirements during the sales cycle.
- Plans and implements, in conjunction with Account Executive, customer retention and post-sale strategies to ensure account satisfaction.
- Provides demonstration and business development support at vendor-sponsored events, trade shows, and user group meetings.
- Develops familiarity with company sales initiatives, product positioning, pricing, proposals, and models.
- Strategizes with sales team on objectives of customer meetings, understand how this activity relates to overall sales plan and provides functional leadership for sales opportunities.
- Participates in product, solution and/or technical training to acquire and maintain detailed level of product knowledge of core components of SAS offerings.
- Works pro-actively with the extended account team of Industry Consultants, Solution Architects and Technical Architects to strategize on opportunities, cross-training and knowledge transfer.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Applies basic to intermediate knowledge of SAS products and solutions in sales opportunities.
- Provides timely follow up and communications to account team.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Fluent German
- Familiarity with industry or market segments or specific area of industry expertise.
- Familiarity with two hardware environments supported by the SAS System.
- Demonstrated knowledge of SAS System tools.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Programming proficiency preferred for prototyping.
- Ability to relate technical concepts to SAS System applications and user needs.
- Ability to work and learn independently and as part of a team.
- Travel as business requirements dictate.
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business, Computer Science, or other quantitative field related to area of assignment.
Typically requires 2/3 years of experience in technical sales, technical support, consulting or related area of expertise, including one year of programming on a high level language or developing SAS applications and/or one year specific industry-related experience.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn