Big Data. Bigger Opportunities.
Some people see data as facts and figures. But it’s more than that. It’s the lifeblood of business. It contains an organisation's history and it’s trying to tell you something. SAS helps customers around the world make sense of the message.
As the leader in business analytics software and services, SAS transforms data into insights that give our clients a fresh perspective on their business. They can identify what’s working. Fix what isn’t and discover new opportunities.
At SAS, we set the bar high for our employees and give them a culture that fosters creativity and promotes innovation. This approach springs from CEO Jim Goodnight’s philosophy: “Treat employees like they make a difference and they will.”
SAS Pre Sales in Dublin is looking to hire a Manager.
Directly manages a team of Pre-Sales Support in order to provide sales consultation to SAS customers on our product and solution portfolio. Assists in the creation and implementation of sales initiatives, optimal staffing for sales support execution and the establishment of best practices that drive SAS revenue.
- Hires, develops and retains pre-sales professionals with the necessary skills to drive our business forward.
- Directly manages day to day activities of pre-sales staff and sales support activities.
- Determines utilization of staff and resources to achieve sales goals.
- Assigns areas of responsibility across team, including sales assignments or product specialty.
- Responsible for consistent team-wide delivery of SAS technology and solution- messages to customers in sales engagements.
- Provides overall leadership on initiatives and projects; coordinates with other business units & geographies to share best practices and approaches.
- Ensures adherence to sales plans and strategies.
- Assists and identifies key accounts, emerging technologies and initiative areas to determine strategies that maximize revenue.
- Makes decisions for team in support of regional goals and objectives; referring to upper management on major issues.
- Analyzes cost and effort of pre-sales support.
- Supports and reinforces best practices, with heavy emphasis on sales methodologies and consistency across the team.
- Works with sales management to fully qualify and manage the delivery of pre-sales Proof of Concept/Value engagements.
- Creates with customer a business case on SAS technology & solutions and calculates value for the customer
- Follows news/trends of SAS market to execute /fit SAS solutions and technology with business focus. (campaigns, sales initiatives…)
- Ensures pre-sales team participation in activities that provide a strong transition to post-sales process and customer adoption.
- Administers all company policy and practices for employees in their organization.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining sales support best practices with emphasis on proven methodologies to drive new sales revenue.
- Oversees regional/sector pre- and post-sales solution strategy and technical architecture.
- Establishes audience with executive level contacts.
- Coordination of SAS activities with external customers, customer relationship events, and securing references.
- Helps identify and communicate approaches to improve SAS offerings and internal processes to meet new requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated management skills in a sales organization;
- A 2nd European language in addition to English, highly preferred (not essential)
- Excellent knowledge and competence in multiple industry and market segments;
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication, organizational, leadership, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to develop clear business direction;
- Ability to lead and motivate a regional team, develop creative solutions to complex problems;
- Ability to work and learn independently;
- Demonstrated ability to interact productively with all levels of staff.
- Ability to travel.
- Knowledge of sales methodologies and practices.
- Knowledge of company’s marketing concepts.
- Ability to identify emerging opportunity areas
- Works on issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in- depth knowledge of orgnizational objectives. Implements strategies policies when selecting methods, techniques, & evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Establishes & assures adherence to budgets, schedules, work places & performance requirements.
- Regularly interacts wit senior management or executive levels on matters concerning several organizational areas, divisions, and/or customers. Requires the ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance from, others in sensitive situations, without damage to the relationship.
- Manages activities of full supervision in terms of costs, methods, & staffing. In some instances this Manager may be responsible for managing staff function & may have subordinate Mangers.
Typically requires twelve years of experience in technical sales, marketing, or support. Five years of experience selling, supporting, or using applications with SAS. Five years in a leadership role with two years in a formal management role.
Please note all potential applicants must be eligible to work in Ireland & not require visa or sponsorship at any stage of the process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn