Background of Team
The SAS Global Customer Intelligence (CI) Consulting team is focused on providing support for the delivery of our best-in-class omni-channel marketing solutions, including both traditional outbound and inbound campaign management as well as digital channel analysis, personalization, and journey management. This support includes expert services to augment local country project teams, development of best practices and training material, as well as interacting with Product Management, R&D, and Technical Support to provide feedback based on global customer feedback and experience. #LI-MK1
Overview of Role
The Digital Marketing Consultant will be focused on providing expert services to global SAS delivery organizations, providing implementation and digital marketing support for the Customer Intelligence 360 product. In this position, the individual will work within the Global CI Consulting team, assisting SAS consultants and customers worldwide with understanding and implementing solutions to address their digital marketing needs.
Working in collaboration with pre-sales, local professional services teams, project management and engineering, the successful candidate will need to rapidly engage with both internal and external staff, adopting the appropriate organization/cultural manner necessary to build effective relationships and gain trust.
- Develop expert level knowledge of SAS Customer Intelligence 360 capabilities for marketing including how the solution supports enhanced web analytics, unification of offline and online data, onsite campaign targeting, real time marketing and channel based interaction (including mobile messaging and email).
- Keep abreast of digital marketing industry best practices and proactively apply knowledge.
- Proactively investigate and review topics affecting Digital Marketing (i.e. GDPR)
- Collaborate and work closely with internal SAS teams, including the Global Customer Success (GCS) staff, Global CI Enablement, and local delivery teams within the region.
- As part of value realization services, be ready to:
- Support reliable delivery of Professional Service projects, as expert in the application of specific SAS Customer Intelligence methodologies, products and technologies. Including:
- scoping and defining work efforts, resource plans, and estimating project costs
- participation in the gathering of marketing and process requirements
- preparation and presentation to customers and / or internal facing sessions
- identify client business objectives and define client marketing processes specifically related to digital marketing
- provide functional coaching / training to customer staff, enabling them to optimize best practice use of the solution
- review channel performance, providing best practice for measurement and optimization of channel results (for web, email and mobile)
- assist customers in development of additional use cases (per channel, or omni-channel)
- provide advisory on build of web, email and web artefacts, to assure continuity of an existing configuration, or an efficient shift to a revised configuration
- provide on-site support to customer marketing users if needed
- Beyond value realization services:
- Participate in pre-sale customer assessments, prototypes, proofs of concept, and proposal preparation, as required.
- Work proactively with Systems Engineers, Technical Architects and other Solutions Architects to strategize on opportunities for cross-training and knowledge transfer.
- Understand and follow workplace policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- The right candidate will have a Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business / Marketing, Computer Science or related field and 5+ years of relevant experience / knowledge in the following areas:
- Digital marketing technology
- Direct marketing with a digital marketing focus
- Customer acquisition, development and retention practices
- Campaign planning, execution, segmentation and targeting techniques
- Knowledge and experience of competitive marketing cloud and analytics offerings
- A proven track record of success working in a digital marketing enterprise
- Fluency in English and at least one other language spoken in the region.
- Ability to travel as business demands warrant (up to 50%).
- Extremely organized and thorough
- Track record of successful customer engagements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in both a team environment and independently
- A genuine interest in business challenges and ideation of solutions to meet business objectives
- Superior conflict resolution, decision making and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem-solving skills: diagnosis, root-cause assessment, option evaluation and resolution
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and assignments simultaneously under deadlines
- Experience with an ESP, ISP, or email personalization vendor
- Experience with methods for construction of websites and content delivery
- Experience with mobile application development (iOS and Android)
- Knowledge of SAS products, especially Customer Intelligence suite, and customer base
- As part of the selection process candidates will be expected to deliver a presentation on an agreed topic that demonstrates their ability to meet the presentation requirements for this role
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn