If you have to spend, on average, 54% of your waking hours at work, why not do something meaningful – that you can be proud of? SAS is making a difference in people’s lives all around the world. Our analytics software helps organizations make the kinds of important decisions that drive change each and every day – like how to capture the bad guys, keep kids safe, feed the hungry, and even ensure that people who struggle to learn are not lost.
Working closely with the Director Leader, Western Region, Director of Presales SAS Canada, and Account Executives from SAS Canada’s Western Sales Team, the Presales Team Lead is responsible for leading a presales team that provides functional, technical, domain and product knowledge to these sales teams, in order to support the sales of SAS capabilities into our client base.
This assistance includes pre-sales support, participation in customer retention activities and demand generation activities, as well as ensuring the Presales Team has the skills, knowledge and resources required to meet sales support demand from the sales teams.
Strategy & Business Planning
- Works with Sales Leader to assist and provide key input to strategy development and business planning for the Western Region.
- As part of the Presales Management Team, develops & executes plans (training, hiring, investments, etc.) to ensure presales team alignment with the SAS Canada sales strategies.
- Responsible for managing and delivering presales support for sales revenue and growth goals for the SAS Canada Western sales teams.
- Develops a strong understanding (internal and external) of our solution offerings and differentiators that we offer to our customers, our value proposition and our unique competitive advantages
- Works with sales executives and sales management to ensure appropriate resourcing & staffing for sales opportunities
- Works with regional Field Marketing to ensure strong internal and external awareness of our solution offerings
- Works with Alliances to ensure partner understanding of our solutions, and to help craft joint solutions
- Works proactively with our Sales team to identify, build and close solution and tactical business opportunities
- Ensures effective presales team participation in customer teams and in the sales process. This includes personal involvement in strategic customer teams.
- Works with Sales Team to identify, build and maintain personal business relationships with our customers
- Active participation in related sales and market development opportunities
- Maintains knowledge of products within the SAS Canada and Western Canada go-to-market strategy
- Builds and maintain relevant selling skills and methodologies
- Maintain relationships with solution thought leaders and practices in SAS globally
- Works and manages collaboratively to ensure integration and communication between sales and presales teams, to facilitate and ensure a strong understanding of the common goals, flexibility in resourcing and knowledge sharing, and effective sales execution;
- Oversees resource utilization within the team, and from across the broader set of SAS resources;
- Ensures team builds relevant technical, functional, domain and vertical skills;
- Manage key human resource and operational processes within the area (e.g. Performance management, personal development, recruiting, etc.);
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to interface and collaborate with experienced, highly motivated sales teams;
- Ability to lead a high-performing Presales/Sales Engineering Team (4-5 resources);
- Positive attitude with an openness to change;
- Solid communication and customer-facing skills;
- Self-motivated with a high energy level;
- Ability to manage and/or execute presales activities related to software sales opportunities;
- Subject-matter expertise in one or more of the solution areas that SAS Canada focuses on – analytics, business intelligence, information management, customer intelligence, fraud, technical architectures, data warehousing, etc.
- Exposure to one or more of the verticals the SAS West team engages in, e.g., Energy, Utilities, Telecommunications, Public Sector, Healthcare...
- University degree (or relevant equivalent).
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in Canada.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education requirement stated above.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn