Working as part of the Western Canadian pre-sales team, aligned with the West Sales team and a Winnipeg-based Account Executive, this role focuses on providing SAS solution, product, technical and pre-sales expertise to sales situations. This role is a key element and investment related to increasing SAS’s presence in the Prairie region. The ultimate objective of the role is to connect our clients’ opportunities and challenges with SAS’ capabilities, to show the value SAS can provide for our clients, and thus drive SAS solutions revenue.
Typical pre-sales-related activities can include:
- Developing an understanding of clients’ current business strategies, requirements, and opportunities, as well as the client’s existing business and technical environment;
- Crafting proposed SAS solutions (which could potentially include software, services, partners, infrastructure, and hosting);
- Describing how the SAS solution could be instantiated within the client’s environment;
- Participating in and delivering presentations, workshops and briefings;
- Developing, managing and delivering technology proofs such as demonstrations and Proofs of Concepts;
- Developing and communicating value propositions and business cases for SAS solutions;
- Supporting relevant components of formal proposals and RFP responses;
- Client retention activities;
- Developing & maintaining key client & partner relationships;
- Partner development, enablement & collaboration activities.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Assisting in demand-generation activities;
- Developing and maintaining solid, broad knowledge of SAS capabilities and differentiators, to support the identification, definition and selling of SAS solutions;
- Developing and maintaining deep product and technical knowledge in a subset of SAS technologies – this is anticipated to be in the analytics domain, and/or decision support/BI platform, and/or data management; also potentially other SAS capabilities/solutions of particular relevance to this territory;
- Ensuring successful transition of solution requirements to the Implementation teams;
- Providing internal enablement;
- Nurturing and maintaining key client relationships;
- Supporting partner relationships;
- Providing support for the development of opportunity and account strategies;
- Maintaining relevant knowledge of the competitive landscape;
- Maintaining a high degree of familiarity with relevant emerging trends in technology and our client’s business environments.
- Significant understanding and experience in defining business technology solutions, and how they will fit into clients’ business and technical environments.
- Experience with relevant/related decision support capabilities a plus – e.g., SAS, or other data visualization, data management, analytics and open source technologies such as Hadoop, Python, R, etc.
- Relevant knowledge of one or more verticals SAS Canada West actively participates in, e.g., insurance, energy/utilities/oil & gas, healthcare, social services, shared services, public safety, telecommunications. Exposure to banking, retail, manufacturing, transportation also an asset.
- Business savvy and understanding how solution architectures fit within a business strategy, and in defining the value these solutions will deliver;
- Highly effective communications and relationship skills (written, presentation, conversational) to present/message/communicate/sell effectively at all levels of client organizations (as well as internally within SAS);
- Ideally, experience with sales methodologies, sales teams, and evidence of sales/sales support success;
- High levels of proactivity, creativity, curiosity, self-motivation, and thirst for knowledge. Goal oriented, competitive;
- Works effectively in virtual and formal teams, takes ownership and shows leadership within the team and with client interaction and relationships.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in Canada.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education requirement stated above.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn