The SAS Presales team supports our vision to be the first company called to solve a customer’s complex business problem. We achieve this status through developing high value trusted relationships and engineering high value solutions that solve our customer’s complex business problems.
Assists the sales team with solution sales activities to maximize revenue opportunities and ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction and provides SAS consulting services, including solution development, implementation and closeout at customer sites. Develops and enhances personal and group skills primarily for the benefit of the pre-sales process. Possesses a strong knowledge of SAS products. Participates in and may lead the design process. Ability to relate technical concepts to SAS applications and user needs and oversees the technical progress of ongoing services. #LI-CC1
- Builds a trusted relationship with the Account Executive and client account to provide practical and theoretical guidance in the business value of proposed solution and set proper expectations to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Strategizes with sales team on objectives for customer meetings, understands how this activity relates to overall sales plan and provides functional solution leadership for sales opportunities.
- Leverages knowledge of a domain, industry, or SAS Solution to increase SAS’s credibility primarily in sales situations.
- Conducts discovery meeting to collect, analyze, clarify and document business requirements during the sales cycle to support the implementation team and to produce a detailed solution proposal.
- Scopes and defines work effort, resource plan and estimates cost on phase/project. Conducts project requirements gathering.
- May work on consulting projects and special projects as assigned; acts as technical lead on projects as assigned (Consulting).
- Delivers standard, customized and/or strategic, senior level solution demonstrations and presentations outlining the functional capabilities, competitive advantages and business benefits of the SAS solutions as they apply to client needs.
- Installs SAS solutions and any required supporting products for knowledge sharing and demonstration purposes.
- Assists in the response to RFI/RFP’s utilizing the RFP Repository and crafting thorough and compelling answers.
- Provides reliable delivery of targeted project results through role as expert in the application of specific SAS methodologies, projects and technologies.
- Participates in product and solution training to acquire and maintain a detailed level of product knowledge of core components of SAS offerings and assigned solution areas, how each solution addresses business challenges, competitive information to identify how our solution stands apart, and what challenges/limitations may be encountered.
- Understands, utilizes and communicates best practice methodologies internally and externally.
- Provides support for regional business development activities and marketing events.
- Works proactively with Systems Engineers, Technical Architects and other Solutions Architects to strategize on opportunities, cross-training and knowledge transfer.
Requirement Knowledge and Experience:
- Demonstrated leader in architecture topics (publishes articles, leads demand generation activities, and speaks at technical tracks for conferences and events).
- Strong facilitation and communications skills.
- Must have thorough knowledge of industry standards, methodologies and SAS foundation technologies, architecture and resources.
- Good problem solving, organizational, decision-making written, oral and interpersonal skills. A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways.
- Sound knowledge of various Operating Systems inclusive Unix/Linux and Windows.
- Strong experience of various web application servers such as Apache Tomcat, Pivotal Tomcat, Weblogic and Websphere.
- Experience with database administration and tuning is an added advantage.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Travel as business requirements dictate at management discretion.
- Minimum of 5 years’ working experience in related field.