SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
This role will support our business development efforts in China primarily introducing education programs/ training solutions to SAS users. Responsible for developing and managing the relationship between SAS and current or prospective customers by establishing and cultivating relationships with key individuals at target companies.
- Identifies and develops new opportunities within assigned accounts.
- Identifies opportunities for business expansion and develops as well as manages relationships in strategic markets and accounts that further business development activity.
- Develops and manages strong and effective working relationships with key decision makers, influencers, engineers and business development contacts at targeted SAS clients, especially those that span AE territories.
- Assists AEs with education related proposal responses.
- Works with marketing, sales and R&D groups to translate business development strategy into specific initiatives when necessary.
- Develops strategic direction from market information and creates compelling proposals that effectively differentiate SAS from our competitors.
- Proactively communicates domain knowledge to sales colleagues and other functions that empower the field to identify opportunities and successfully position SAS offerings.
- In consultation with Institute management, assists in targeting specific customers and business partners to promote Institute's sales and marketing initiatives.
- Initiates and coordinates business development projects and marketing activities with business partners as needed.
- Creates demand generation and customer or business partner relationship management programs from content design through implementation and results tracking to ensure that objectives are met.
- May prepare and deliver presentations to customers and/or business partners at the highest levels of management.
- Provides overall project management and coordination for customer and/or business partner specific initiatives. May direct internal Institute resources, including pre- sales and post-sales services, contracts, and/or partner relationships.
- Conducts follow-up with customers and/or business partners to track and uncover additional business opportunities.
- Keeps abreast of new company product development and marketing strategies; relates technical concepts to SAS software applications and user needs.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of sales and product marketing techniques, business partner relationship development strategies, or technical functions within the technology industry and/or knowledge of a specific industry, market, technology, or business initiative related to area of assignment.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Public speaking experience
- Ability to work effectively in teams
- Full proficiency in local language and business level English.
Bachelor's degree preferably in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, MIS or other relevant discipline.
Typically requires five years of experience in sales, marketing, business partner relationship development, or technical functions within the technology industry (including related products and services). Exposure to banking, financial services, manufacturing, healthcare, education sectors will be advantageous.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn