SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Testing Engineer for JMP System
This role will work as part of a China-based software development team in cooperation with SAS HQ software development team in the United States. You will provides the testing and development service in professional level during development cycle of certain software products.
- Be responsible for testing JMP software in several different configurations across Windows and Macintosh. Responsibilities will be at both the application level and the functional level.
- Develop test data and usage scenarios by working with the marketing team, find and report customer relevant issues.
- Create, run and report portable and repeatable automated testware to cover the commonly used paths within JMP.
- Learn and use JMP’s scripting language to develop programmatic unit tests to run nightly.
- An assertive can-do attitude and an energetic approach to covering the software pragmatically and systematically are required.
- Use SAS’s DEFECTS system to report and prioritize issues that are found for the development team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 4 years’ experience as a member of a software testing team, Experience with test automation software.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to think analytically and to effectively communicate problems and suggest fixes.
- Ability to conduct independent research, gathering information from multiple sources and communicate recommendations to the development team.
- Ability to research and learn new software techniques employed in a variety of disciplines and fields.
- Ability to give specific, constructive feedback and exert positive influence.
- Ability to work in a team environment, collaborating with other testers, developers, documentation staff members as well as technical support.
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility in adapting to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Having BI or data visualization testing experience is a plus
- Experience using scripting tools (Windows batch files, Linux
shell scripts, Python, etc.) to automate repeated tasks
- Experience using popular DBMS (Oracle, DB2, SQL Server and etc.)
- Proficiency in macOS/Linux
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn