About SAS R&D India
SAS R&D India (Pvt.) Ltd., a wholly owned subsidiary of SAS Inc., USA, is a key development center for Research and Development of products and solutions for SAS. The Pune office, being the largest R&D center outside the US, is focused on developing strategic products and solutions of SAS.
- A leading SAS R&D centre, established in 2000, based on delivery, innovation and passion
- Located in Magarpatta City in Pune – a modern integrated township including STPI and SEZ units
- An environment for people with long term commitment, building leading edge enterprise software products
- Apart from R&D, the center also hosts various other teams such as Product Management, Enterprise Excellence, Pre-sales, Tech Support, User Experience, Technical Publication, Professional Services and Hosting support team for our SaaS division
As an IT deployment engineer you will be part of the IT team supporting SAS hosted customers. You will be responsible for all aspects of our hosted application environment whether on premise or on cloud. You will work collaboratively with customers, analysts, developers and other implementation team members to implement enterprise software installations and to manage, diagnose, debug, design, and prototype SAS and third-party enterprise class software systems.
- You will be responsible for installation and implementation of SAS software and solutions across an enterprise-wide cross-platform infrastructure that is consistent with our business objectives and customer requirements
- Providing pre- and post-implementation documentation
- Diagnosing, documenting, reporting, and resolving system problems
- Automate the deployment process as applicable using internal tools, shell scripts, python etc.
- Resolve issues and problems during deployment and implement process change to prevent problem recurrence
Essential Skills and Experience
- 3 to 5 years of experience administrating UNIX operating systems.
- Excellent knowledge of Linux system administration, in-depth log analysis and troubleshooting skills for operating system and enterprise class applications
- Knowledge of programming/Scripting language such as Shell Scripts, Python etc. for automating deployment process as applicable.
- Independently install, support and troubleshoot SAS deployments for multiple clients
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, preferably in Computer Science, MCA or related discipline.
- Experience installing and using SAS software and solutions
- Flair for automating routine processes.
- Experience in installation and administration of enterprise application.
- Knowledge of Cloud computing, openstack , DevOps tools will be an added advantage
- Ability to comprehend the details of complex, multi-tier, system and application software
SAS Research & Development (India) Pvt. Ltd. Know more about SAS R&D India
Level 1, 2A & 3, Tower 5, Cybercity
Pune - 411 013
Tel: +91-20-4911 8888
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn