SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
Manager, Information Technology
Primary responsibilities for this role include:
- Provide management and leadership for IT Infrastructure activities at SAS for hosted customers.
- Manage a team of highly motivated engineers providing 24/7 support.
- Identify areas for growth for each team member
- Provide open and frequent communication on team dynamic and operational status
- Ability to perform technical tasks assigned to the team
- Provide technical input for the direction of the server infrastructure for SAS customers hosted globally across private and public cloud
- Research, analyze, and test new technologies.
- Assist in capacity planning and forecasting to ensure the team is provided adequate resources to meet requirements of SAS customers and employees.
- Ensure system support documentation is developed and maintained.
- Develop and implement standards.
- Act as primary contact for work streams and escalations
- Work across team boundaries for collaborative issue resolution
- Manage and coordinate scheduled maintenance and unscheduled outages
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, preferably in Computer Science, MCA or related discipline.
- 10- 15 years of experience in managing and supporting heterogeneous, dynamic, customer-focused environment
- Having knowledge of diverse infrastructure architecture, security policies and standards and consistently applying these practices.
- In depth knowledge of operating systems such as RedHat Enterprise Linux and Windows Server as well as hypervisors such as VMware ESXi
- Detailed understanding of all IT infrastructure components (common services, servers, networking, and storage)
- Proven ability to manage, track, and prioritize escalations and incidents to deliver IT services within stipulated SLA
- Ability to triage requests with multiple admin resource groups
- Proven ability to work across team boundaries
- Good knowledge on IaaS and PaaS
- Ability to identify areas for improvement within IT systems operations and engineer resolution
- Evaluate technical gaps and propose solutions
- Troubleshoot hardware, software, or performance problems
- Scripting (Bash, Perl, Python, PowerShell etc.) experience
- Proven organization and documentation skills
- Having knowledge of Openstack and Hadoop will be an added advantage.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn