Solution Technical Consultant
We are looking to strengthen our Global Fraud Solutions Team by hiring a motivated and ambitious consultants with an interest in continuing their career in the rapidly growing fields of analytics and fraud detection.
As a world leader in Big Data Analytics, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence, SAS is at the very forefront of many of the industry’s latest trends. We help market leading organisations turn data about customers, performance, financials and IoT devices into information they can use to innovate and drive transformation within their business.
The Global Fraud Solutions team is focused on delivering SAS fraud prevention solutions across the world. Acting as a member of a world class advanced analytics team.You will learning how to use data analytics as a differentiator to help win and increase the value of software deals related to fraud, abuse, financial crime or public security in government, financial services or healthcare. You will working with the latest analytic techniques and helping develop new analytic intellectual property for both SAS and its clients.
- Analyse the requirements of the Solution component and work closely with customers, R&D and team members to ensure consistency and reusability of output.
- Provide assistance and consultancy to SAS project teams in deliveries making use of the developed Solutions.
- Work in a small focused team with flexibility in the tasks and roles fulfilled on a day to day basis.
- Work on the development of Industry Solutions servicing the needs of projects with high profile banking, insurance, government, and healthcare clients worldwide.
- Design and develop innovative solutions to business requirements in alignment with product architecture, and established development practices and timelines.
- Discuss technical and design issues with other developers, managers, users or customers whenever necessary to achieve best solution.
- Understand the role of data in an analytical fraud solution and ensuring the retention of information and validity of the output.
- Ensure good practice in standard software engineering principles.
- Use software tools to ensure successful collaborative working (version control, task tracking etc.)
- A high quality degree in a technical or numerate subject, especially mathematics, physics or computer science.
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills.
- 2+ years of experience in commercial software development using Object Orientated and/or Functional languages OR experience of using SAS/SQL for analytical solution delivery.
- An interest in technology and coding, and how it can be applied to problem solving (ideally backed up with programming experience).
- A “self-starter” who will show creativity and initiative to make things happen without always needing explicit instructions.
- A desire to broaden their skills base and work across multiple disciplines (e.g. development, fraud domain expertise, professional services, analytics)
- Willingness to travel.
- Previous data analysis experience.
- Experience of developing in Scala, Java, SAS or SQL.
- Experience in the use of software development tools such as version control (e.g. Git) and task management (e.g. Jira)
- Experience of working in fraud detection.
- Multiple languages.
This role is based from our London offices with regular international travel supporting fraud projects for major global clients.
We have a modern working environment with superb facilities designed to promote wellbeing, creativity and collaboration.