JMP Account Executive
Big Data. Bigger Opportunities.
Here at JMP we are passionate about empowering scientists and engineers to explore data visually. We are constantly expanding our global footprint, selling to new territories and building strong relationships with new and existing customers.
We are looking to strengthen our Field Sales function by hiring an experienced Sales professional to sell JMP software products to current and prospective customers.
You will be responsible for finding new business and managing existing accounts where you will have ownership of the full sales cycle through to close. You will be responsible for sales of JMP software products in a high volume, multi-tasking environment to prospective and current accounts.
- Sells software to current and prospective customers; works with other sales personnel to position and leverage sales opportunities to acquire, grow and retain customers within the assigned territory.
- Fulfils wide range of requests for information from prospective customers. Qualifies level of opportunity and type of account.
- Prospects within the assigned sales territory to uncover business needs.
- Implements aspects of territory and account management and development; identifies accounts with high "close" potential, qualifies sales opportunities, and forecasts time frames to close business.
- Works closely with the territory team, including Inside Sales, Sales Engineers and JMP management to facilitate timely response to qualified leads.
- Prepares standard quotations and proposal information as needed; works with other departments to create and finalize contracts.
- Follows up with existing customers to ensure ongoing satisfaction with their JMP products and to discover and develop additional “new” revenue opportunities.
- Develops a complete understanding of company pricing and licensing procedures.
- Applies knowledge of company marketing goals and objectives, JMP applications, supported hardware platforms, marketing and business trends, and industry knowledge to assess account needs.
- Develops plans to identify accounts that have the potential for further development and executes those plans to close business.
- Collaborates with account managers and executives on strategic account development opportunities.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- At least business level fluency of Japanese language; able to read and write in English.
- Bachelor's degree, in Engineering, Science, Business, MIS, or other relevant technical disciplines.
- Requires a minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience, with a successful track-record, in the sales of computer software solutions or scientific and engineering hardware (including products and services related to JMP’s target markets). Specific experience related to JMP’s target markets may be considered in combination with the above requirements.
- This is primarily a new business role which suits a focused and high-activity sales person. The new revenue comes from new-name accounts and also existing customers where the sales opportunities need to be uncovered and developed.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate territory dynamics and develop a sales plan; ability to communicate technical and business concepts and relate them to JMP software and user needs; ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of sales techniques; knowledge of software acquisitions cycles and buying influences.
- Ability to travel regularly and extensively within the territory and occasionally internationally.
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn