SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
The JMP Division of SAS is successful and growing, which means we are in the market for smart, technically inclined people to join our sales teams as Systems Engineers. As part of our sales teams, Systems Engineers (or SEs) provide pre-sales and post-sale support to JMP clients. This support often relies upon advanced knowledge of statistical processes and/or industry knowledge gained from on-the-job experience.
- Partner with an Account Executive and an Inside Sales Representative, leveraging different skill sets and abilities to meet common goals.
- Utilize strategic selling techniques to meet sales objectives for a territory and/or given accounts.
- Prepare custom presentations based on opportunity analysis.
- Provide timely follow-up and communications to clients and colleagues.
- Plan appropriate product deployment and implementation.
- Provide customer service and post-sales care to ensure account satisfaction and growth.
- Customize, present and evaluate sales seminars.
- Provide support at conferences, trade shows, user group meetings or other gatherings.
- Assist with training of staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- PhD or Master's degree in Statistics, Computer Science or other quantitative/Engineering field.
- 5+ years of experience in technical pre-sales, training, consulting, technical support, or a related area (such as Six Sigma, Process Excellence, Engineering, Reliability, Quality, Modeling, Data Mining and etc) of expertise including 3+ year of applied statistics related to industry.
- Outstanding public speaking experience
- Excellent customer facing skills including experience with customer needs analysis and presentations.
- 40% travel is required.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to relate technical and statistical concepts to industry personnel.
- Ability to work and learn independently and as part of a team.
- Previous experience with analytical software sales and territory start-up in a technical role.
- Teaching experience in a quantitative field applying analytics or statistics using JMP or Minitab in two or more industry domains.
SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn